Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

call for submissions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bfbobbthathom

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-17

call for submissions Empty
PostSubject: call for submissions   call for submissions EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 10:06 pm

bathe quarterly cordially invites PA members to submit poems and poetry related pieces for publication. any style/school/ideaology welcome. looking for unique, original, intelligent material. prefer poems to come in batches ov 5-20...essays/interviews/profiles/reviews no longer than 1000 words. deadline: april 1, 2009. payment= two copies. no email submissions. please mail submissions to: bathe quarterly, 2110 Fall River Road, Leoma, TN 38468. manuscripts will not be returned unless accompanied by SASE.
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: call for submissions   call for submissions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 7:22 am

A review limited to input from PA writers???????????????????

Whoa.

Ok, ok, I'm not going to say anthing to touch off another brushfire.

Just

Whoa!
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: call for submissions   call for submissions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 7:42 am

I think Bob means Published Authors. Without the constant reference to PublishAmerica, I always think of the network and forum when I see PA.

Of course, in the Middle East, it means something entirely different...
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: call for submissions   call for submissions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 8:11 am

And me, I thought PA meant Pennsylvania and wondered why a TN anthology was stipulating something like that.

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: call for submissions   call for submissions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 10:52 am

Ah.
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
bfbobbthathom

PostSubject: Re: call for submissions   call for submissions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:19 pm

bathe quarterly is a quarterly poetry review open to anyone writing in english...translations included. sorry about the PA confusion. i was just trying to invite board members to submit.
Back to top Go down
bfbobbthathom

PostSubject: Re: call for submissions   call for submissions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 6:30 pm

requesting first north american rights to revert back to author 90 days after publication. you did read correctly. i know it's not the best deal out there...and we hope to be able to provide an increasingly adequate payment in the future.

yes. this is the first edition....scheduled for early summer 09
Back to top Go down
bfbobbthathom

PostSubject: Re: call for submissions   call for submissions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 7:08 pm

the magazine will be approximately forty pages ov new and original poetry. it is neither academic nor entirely underground. open to all styles and forms.

i am no one you might have heard ov. my name is matthew dickens. i've published a few mediocre poems on-line, helped run a little e-zine called antimuse.org, and am otherwise completely unqualified. i do, however, have a reasonably keen eye for poetry. i have studied the greats, read the current contenders, and spent a good deal ov time reading and corresponding with unknown writers. my family has been involved in independent publishing for the past thirty years.
for now, i'm aiming for circulation ov 500. would like to have about thirty quality pieces, which, ov course, depends upon length. while there are no definite limitations on length, we are not interested in the tediously extensive narrative. 12 pt Times, single spaced....title above poem, poets name in the upper left hand corner ov each page.

once again, i apologize for the low pay. but i do hope to make bathe quarterly a magazine poets will be proud to have been published in. thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: call for submissions   call for submissions Empty

Back to top Go down

call for submissions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Information-
Jump to: