Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Another Contract

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Another Contract Empty
PostSubject: Another Contract   Another Contract EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 5:15 pm

I am on top of the world! I signed another contract to publish a book. The first one was a novel. This one is non-fiction. Both are published authors who approached me. They are spaced enough apart and on different levels of being published that I can confidently do this without any hesitation. One we have a tentative Oct. 15th pub date and the other one the end of Nov. They are helping me as much as I am helping them.

I am told the draw to me is that I critique, give info, and help the author in areas that most big houses don't. This I hear from authors that I have rejected as well as those I have accepted. Whether I publish someone or not, as an author, I know what they need: input. So I try to help other authors fulfill their dreams whether I publish them or not. That is what Weaving Dreams Publishing is all about.

I just wanted to share my good fortune with all of you, and thank you for all the help on my journey as an author and a publisher.
Back to top Go down
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Another Contract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Contract   Another Contract EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 6:22 pm

Sue, that's wonderful!!! Sounds like a win-win situation. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Another Contract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Contract   Another Contract EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 6:29 pm

Yes it is Merrihiatt. I made sure they knew what my limitations were at this time, as well as what I can do for them. They knew I was a new publisher when they approached me. One was an author at an author fair I attended in one town, and approached me at another author fair. I held off. Then I read her manuscript. WOW! I am honored to publish it. And we work well together. That is important also as I want to be hands on with my authors.

Sorry for going on so. I will shut up on this now. *grin*
Back to top Go down
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Another Contract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Contract   Another Contract EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 7:26 pm

Sue,

No need to shut up, I love your enthusiasm!! I visited the weavingdreamspublishing website, too. I wish you all good things.
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Another Contract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Contract   Another Contract EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 7:37 pm

Thank you, Merri! That is very much appreciated.

Let me know if you have any suggestions to make the site better.
Back to top Go down
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Another Contract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Contract   Another Contract EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 9:47 pm

Sue,

I will. I liked being able to read about the book you have published (and new books you will be publishing).

I also loved the colors of the site and it was easy to navigate. I really like clean layouts without flying butterflies and other sparkley things distracting me. =)

Oh, and this is off-topic, but the URL for Absolute Write is www.absolutewrite.com (the site is down right now). I left you a note on the other thread, but thought I'd post it here, too. I'm not sure what other sites were referenced.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Another Contract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Contract   Another Contract EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 2:08 am

Congratulations Sue. Sounds like you're on your way.
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Another Contract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Contract   Another Contract EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 8:32 pm

Thank you, Abe. I certainly hope so. I never thought my journey would take this path. What a pleasant surprise.
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Another Contract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Contract   Another Contract EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 9:39 pm

Way to go Sue...GOOD LUCK!
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Another Contract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Contract   Another Contract EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 9:45 pm

Thanks, Merri, for the kind words and the input about my website for the company. If you find anything you didn't like I hope you let me know that as well. Or maybe something I didn't add and should have.

Thanks, D.J., I need all the luck I can get. LOL
Back to top Go down
mjgoodnow
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
mjgoodnow

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Another Contract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Contract   Another Contract EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:13 pm

Sorry Sue,

I didn't see this post before. Congrats on the signing of your new authors Sue. I am sure they found a great home with your company.
Back to top Go down
http://regimeguard.net
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Another Contract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Contract   Another Contract EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:20 pm

Thanks, Mike!

Keep up the good work, guy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another Contract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Contract   Another Contract Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Contract
Page 1 of 1