Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

'Tis the Season

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

'Tis the Season Empty
PostSubject: 'Tis the Season   'Tis the Season EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 1:05 pm

Having been a single parent whose children were part of a large expanded family, I've thought of Christmas in terms of a season for nearly half my life. The children have been grown-ups for some time now, so Christmas Day is whatever day or days we can get together. This year, it was last Sunday, the 21st. It was a very good day. Both my daughters were here with their husbands - my younger daughter's husband, Jim, is recovering nicely from a bout with bone cancer. He is still learning to walk with his new knee, but his prognosis is excellent, and the Navy has decided he needs to be stationed here throughout his recovery both so he can be near his family (He's from Fredricksburg, a short drive north from here), and have access to some highly regarded military hospital and rehab facilities. His limp is almost gone, and he's back to working half-days.

My son and daughter-in-law will not be in Texas this holiday. They are spending the holiday with Lyn's dad at his vacation home on the Outer Banks. He lost his wife (Lyn's mom) last July. They were here for a few days just before Thanksgiving. But their Christmas present was a little camera and mike for my computer, so once Jennifer has joined us (sometime in February), we can all see each other whenever we want. Dave has promised me that I can turn the camera off from my end when I'm not happy with the way I look.'Tis the Season 795232

I had so much fun finding size 0 baby clothes, pink, of course, to send to Jennifer's mom. One of the little suits was embroidered: "Mommy thinks she's in charge."

So, all in all, 'tis a very good season in SA this year. We miss Lyn's mom, but are happy about Jim's recovery and the coming arrival of baby Jennifer.

My heart goes out to any and all of you who are struggling with illness and grief this year. And I am relieved to hear that some of you are getting better.

Soon to be:

Grannie Annie (finally)'Tis the Season 845458
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

'Tis the Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Tis the Season   'Tis the Season EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 2:11 pm

We've celebrated with everyone now except my daughter and her husband who live in Virginia, and my son who lives in Northern Wisconsin, but we will go to my son's sometime next week.

Today we went in to Madison to an Indian restaurant and met our oldest daughter. Last week we saw some parents on TV who said they would not see their daughter this year because she was in Kuwait. I wondered if we would see our daughter who lives only 25 miles away, but we decided to meet at the restaurant. When we entered, the waiters wished us a Merry Christmas, and we wished them a Merry Christmas as well. The restaurant was three quarters filled with Indian people. I can still smell that wonderful food and saved room for mango ice cream for dessert.

Merry Christmas Ann. I am glad you spent Christmas with your daughters and that your son-in-law is doing well. Life just doesn't get better than that. And you might want to save up your money for next year because grandkids are the most fun to buy presents for!

Love, Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

'Tis the Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Tis the Season   'Tis the Season EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 7:33 am

Does it really matter which day one celebrates Christmas? I don't think so. The getting together is what often brings joy to the 'season' no matter the day. It sounds like you had a good time Ann, the shopping, especially. It's great to hear that others are recovering, and I only hope the healing continues and gets better. It sounds as if it is already happening. What great blessings we recieve.

Carol, I am glad you got to enjoy the Indian cuisine and be with your daughter at the same time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Sponsored content

'Tis the Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Tis the Season   'Tis the Season Empty

Back to top Go down

'Tis the Season
Page 1 of 1