Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

PayPal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PayPal Empty
PostSubject: PayPal   PayPal EmptyFri Jun 29, 2018 10:47 pm

A serious question.
What do you think about Pay Pal as a method of payment?  Have you used it? 

A recent negative experience promoted this question.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PayPal Empty
PostSubject: Re: PayPal   PayPal EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 7:10 am

I haven't had any problems with paypal, but I did have a bad experience with ebay recently. I received an email informing me of a  purchase I hadn't placed. When I visited my account to cancel the purchase, I was thrown out and a pop-up message said that there had been unusual activity on my account and I was required to change my password, which I did. Then I cancelled the purchase. I was informed that I would not be charged, but the money was taken out of my credit card account. I removed my credit card number immediately and rang the help line to ask about the charge to my account. I was told I would need to inform the bank to recover the money, which I did. The money had already been paid out, and the bank agreed to cover the cost. All very unsatisfactory. I will not be buying from ebay again.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PayPal Empty
PostSubject: Re: PayPal   PayPal EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 8:09 am

Good to know Shelagh. 

My story is a bit different.  My daughter in the States ordered a Mother’s Day gift for Gisela.  It was an assortment of frozen foods.  She used PayPal.  We received the shipment and shortly thereafter we received a bill from a credit collection company claiming that we owed X amount.  It is still not resolved having made numerous phone calls ourselves in addition to my daughter being on top of it.  The sticking point was with PayPal that didn’t release the funds to the vendor, Icemann.  When a good will gesture goes sour, it is sad.  Now we are waiting confirmation that our credit has not been damaged by the threatening letter from the Credit collection company.  The fact that we didn’t place the order didn’t seem to register with them.  It is still unresolved.  Next step will be to get a lawyer to deal with them.  The other incident with Pay Pal is more involved as I try to cancel my PayPal account.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PayPal Empty
PostSubject: Re: PayPal   PayPal EmptyTue Jul 03, 2018 12:08 pm

Sad, I used Paypal when we lived in England and all went well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PayPal Empty
PostSubject: Re: PayPal   PayPal EmptyTue Jul 03, 2018 12:19 pm

Alice, I suppose much has to do with the personnel handling the transactions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PayPal Empty
PostSubject: Re: PayPal   PayPal Empty

Back to top Go down

PayPal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: