Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Age spots (Liver spots)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Age spots (Liver spots) Empty
PostSubject: Age spots (Liver spots)   Age spots (Liver spots) EmptySat May 07, 2016 10:20 am

Age spots (Liver spots| appearing on the skin of elderly people.
My wife discovered that her spots are disappearing and thinks it may be something in the pills she takes.  When we visit the doctor next time she will tell him about it.  No idea which pill is doing it or perhaps it is a combination of pills she takes, but I think that some research could determine what ingredients are responsible.  It could develop into a new drug to erase these spots.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Age spots (Liver spots)   Age spots (Liver spots) EmptySat May 07, 2016 3:15 pm

I think the spots are caused by sun damage. She is probably out of the sun more now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Age spots (Liver spots)   Age spots (Liver spots) EmptySat May 07, 2016 3:48 pm

What Alice said.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Age spots (Liver spots)   Age spots (Liver spots) EmptySat May 07, 2016 9:56 pm

I would normally agree with your logic, however my wife avoids being in the sun.  She has never layed in the sun for a tan.  She is a shade person.  That is what makes this a puzzle.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Age spots (Liver spots)   Age spots (Liver spots) EmptySun May 08, 2016 6:47 am

I live in Florida where everyone but the very young is a spotty mess.  Skin cancers, liver spots, sun spots - everyone is golfing, playing tennis or pickle ball or fishing or sailing or swimming or beaching - enjoying life in the sun - and our skin shows it.  I miss the days of pretty skin but know they are long past - if I can have a pretty soul I'll be satisfied - the rest is failing the "pretty" test more and more.

I have to see a skin doctor soon for some sun related skin issues.  I lived on a sailboat in the Caribbean for three years and spent many years boating and beaching.  There's no hope for me though I try to be out of the sun now - the damage was done already and now begins to show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Age spots (Liver spots)   Age spots (Liver spots) EmptySun May 08, 2016 8:36 am

On the bright side DK, your skin shows that you have lived a very interesting life. 
I too have skin issues and need a follow-up with the dermatologist.  My issues are not from laying in the sun,but from working in the sun on the farm.  No one gave a thought or even knew about the harmful rays of the sun in those days.  Our age is visible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Age spots (Liver spots)   Age spots (Liver spots) Empty

Back to top Go down

Age spots (Liver spots)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: