Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Upgrades

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Upgrades   Upgrades EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 7:38 am

Heads up

If you get messages to upgrade your PC software, be careful.  There is evidence from PC professionals that much of the updates recommended actually do more harm than good.  They piggy-back other software on the download that causes problems and then they solicit you to buy their repair programs.   As a banker once told me:  “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” 
Usually the offered updates claim to improve the speed of your PC along with other improvements.  What they don’t warn you is that what they offer may not be compatible with the system you have and by doing the updates can create many problems.  I went through this process and finally had to take my PC to a professional to clean it up.  I’m still using XP and according to my PC professional, so long as it works, I don’t need an upgrade provided I have a good virus program.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrades   Upgrades EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 8:49 am

Good point, Abe.  Thanks for the reminder.  I had to have XP reset my computer to original settings
after I responded to warnings.
The warnings are the virus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/

Upgrades
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: