Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Warning...new computer danger

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Warning...new computer danger Empty
PostSubject: Warning...new computer danger   Warning...new computer danger EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:58 pm

This morning my computer went blank, and then the screen was filled red with a big warning..."Your computer has been

compromised…do not turn your computer off. Call this number for Google support.”

It gave a phone number...I called, and was told Google can go through my computer and find out what is wrong. They had me press this button, and that one, giving them the freedom to move around inside my computer. When they got done, they showed on my screen a set of numbers. They said this number in the middle east was the person stealing all the info about me from my computer…they said they could fix it for $299. I asked were they were located…I was told New York.

I know Google in in California, not New York. I could not turn them off, so I unplugged my computer to regain control.

If you get the same warning, and your computer stops working do not call that number. Unplug your computer to turn it off, and restart it.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Warning...new computer danger   Warning...new computer danger EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 11:33 pm

Thanks Domenic for the heads up.  Wierd things are happening daily.  I am leary of downloads of any kind even the updates.  What they piggy-back on these downloads we don't know. 
Go with your gut.  If it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Warning...new computer danger   Warning...new computer danger EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 12:22 pm

Thank you for the warning, Domenic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Warning...new computer danger   Warning...new computer danger EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 11:36 pm

There is no tie-in to Domenic's post, however yesterday I had severe PC problems.  The system just wouldn't react to commands.  I couldn't even use "Start" to turn the PC off and had to turn off the power to shut it down.  Once up again, with much patience as it worked, I was able to do some PC Scans.  No Viruses were found.  Eventually I was able to get on-line. This morning and with this post, the PC seems back to normal, but I still don't trust it.  I get the feeling that something is stuck in the memory of my PC waiting to pounce.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warning...new computer danger   Warning...new computer danger Empty

Back to top Go down

Warning...new computer danger
Page 1 of 1