Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Reviews

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Reviews   Reviews EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 1:25 am

I am flattered and at the same time puzzled that Anne would not only read my book, but give it a 5 Star Review.

The following was posted on FB:
Anne Lebrecht
16 hrs · Laguna Woods, CA ·
5.0 out of 5 stars A book worth reading as well as owning., November 22, 2014
By Anne Lebrecht "author" (Orange County, California)
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: First American Back (Kindle Edition)
Very well written about a very exciting man. Abe March is a gifted writer and should keep writing. I look forward to reading more.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews   Reviews EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 2:29 pm

Anne Is a discerning reader, an intelligent person and an honest one.  I have great respect for her opinion.  She does not lie.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews   Reviews EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:16 pm

The review doesn't surprise me a bit!  The truth is the truth!
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews   Reviews EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 10:13 pm

Sometimes it is the little things that can make ones day.  It was a lift for me.  Thank you for your comments.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews   Reviews EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 4:55 am

I just discovered that my old book, "To Beirut and Back" is still being offered by Amazon.  My contract with PA was cancelled and I got my rights back.  I'm wondering if they are continuing to sell this book without having to pay royalties. 
Did any of you experience this when your contract was cancelled with PA?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews   Reviews EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 9:54 am

Yes. Also L & L Dreamspell is no longer in existence yet their paperback Ghost Orchid seems to still be on sale.  They do not collect royalties.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews   Reviews EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 9:55 am

Amazon.com does hold some books on reserve in their warehouses, even POD.  Perhaps that's what they are selling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews   Reviews EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 9:57 am

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews   Reviews EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 1:53 am

Self-Promotion
As authors with books by POD publishers and/or self-publishing, promotion of these books is primarily our responsibility. I’ve always hated self-promotion. That feeling has been reinforced by the actions of Trump who appears to be obsessed with recognition. His comments indicate that it’s all about “me”. Many posts about his obsession for taking credit reflect a huge turn-off. Comments indicate how sensitive people have become and how reluctant they are about making posts that make them look good.
On FB there are programs that do an analysis on a variety of personal attributes, both past and present, and ask you to share this information with friends. What was once a fun thing to do has lost its popularity. At least that is how I see it. Sometimes I do the analysis, but refuse to share it especially when it appears too flattering.
Some time ago on this forum I proposed an idea that we would each select or designate an author to promote their books. It was my view that having someone else saying good things about our work held more credibility than what we would or could say about our own work. I believe that we all enjoy receiving a good review on Amazon, however not all readers write reviews. I still believe that the idea has merit. It doesn’t mean that we would be limited to promoting just the books of the designated author, but that we could make a concentrated effort in helping our fellow authors promote their work thus avoiding self-promotion.
There are events that call for special attention. Christmas is such an event to promote books by fellow authors that have a Christmas theme, such as Shelagh’s new book about the squirrel. I believe that my book, “They Plotted Revenge Against America” would provide some insight about events in the Middle East. There are other books by authors on this forum that would fit into current events- some having to do with the effects of environmental changes affecting plants and animals.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews   Reviews EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 12:00 pm

Thanks for the mention, Abe. I received the first review for A Chistmas Squirrel after the one day promotion:

Reviews 46482 Reviews 46482 Reviews 46482 Reviews 46482 Reviews 46482
5.0 out of 5 stars
"A new twist on an old holiday favorite that is beautifully illustrated. Don't be a squirrely Sneezer Squooge and download a copy."

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077X634LH
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews   Reviews EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 1:06 pm

I'm happy for you Shelagh.  Getting a good review is the greatest reward one can receive. 
Tonight I received reviews from members of our choir.  On Sunday our Men's choir participated in the Christmas pageant.  I sang a solo part in English and wondered how it went.  The feedback from members of the choir who also said that others made comments about how much they enjoyed the song was rewarding. It made me more aware of how important it is to congratulate people when they peform whether it be in word, song or in deed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews   Reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

Reviews
Page 1 of 1