Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

My New Photo Poster

Go down 
+4
Betty Fasig
zadaconnaway
Pam
P. Gordon Kennedy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

My New Photo Poster Empty
PostSubject: My New Photo Poster   My New Photo Poster EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 3:36 pm

Here's a photo I took of a photo poster I made and ordered from Shutterfly (www.shutterfly.com). The dates are slightly cut off at the top because this is the 8x10 version of the poster. In the larger 11x14 poster I also ordered, the dates are intact. The poster has one picture for every year of my life plus a few special pictures at the bottom. The bottom pictures show me shooting golf balls in my backyard in 2002, a sketch my mom did of me when I was 17, me smashing an old storage barn, me shooting a baking soda and vinegar gun, my avatar, me the night before my high school graduation, me in front of a floodgate at the Crystal Falls Dam, and a couple of pictures of me at (or rather in) the lake. The actual posters are much sharper and nicer looking than the photo below. There is a slight blur in the photo, because I had to use a 1/3 second exposure time.
My New Photo Poster Ss857212
Back to top Go down
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: My New Photo Poster   My New Photo Poster EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 3:53 pm

Cool idea Gordon - a great way to keep it all together. My favourites (not that you asked but I'll tell you anyway) are the sketch your mom did (I am a big fan of charcoal/pencil work) and 1994 -- Mr Mischief! sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: My New Photo Poster   My New Photo Poster EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 4:18 pm

My favorites are 2007, 2008, my avatar, and the sketch my mom did. I like all the pictures. Here's a bigger version of the sketch my mom did.
My New Photo Poster Ss853510
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: My New Photo Poster   My New Photo Poster EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 5:48 pm

The sketch is great, Gordon. Especially the bigger version. Your Mom is quite talented.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: My New Photo Poster   My New Photo Poster EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:00 pm

Dear Gordon,
I loved it all. I imagine you looking at that whole conglomerate and seeing it as a history of your years. I think looking back on pictures that were you in past years lets you know how you are changed. Sometimes you look back with nostalgic glows and sometimes with a little regret.

In my photo's of old, I have only one of when I was 16 and a few of the other years from then to now. You are still so young. My picutes of my children are the ones taken on an old kodak in the 1960's in black and white. They are faded and dim. Now, I have lovely pictures like you show in this photo, in color and digital. The past will never be dim again!

Love, Betty

PS: I love the soda and vinegar gun.
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: My New Photo Poster   My New Photo Poster EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 8:25 am

Betty Fasig wrote:
Dear Gordon,
I loved it all. I imagine you looking at that whole conglomerate and seeing it as a history of your years. I think looking back on pictures that were you in past years lets you know how you are changed. Sometimes you look back with nostalgic glows and sometimes with a little regret.

In my photo's of old, I have only one of when I was 16 and a few of the other years from then to now. You are still so young. My picutes of my children are the ones taken on an old kodak in the 1960's in black and white. They are faded and dim. Now, I have lovely pictures like you show in this photo, in color and digital. The past will never be dim again!

Love, Betty

PS: I love the soda and vinegar gun.

Digital photography and photo storage sure has revolutionized the photography industry. I love Photoshop because of the artistic things I can do with photos and because I can easily remove blemishes and even repair old photos. My Posters are printed on archival grade paper by Shutterfly, a professional photo printer. They should last 100+ years.

PS: If you loved my baking soda and vinegar gun, check out my post on how to build a baking soda gun. I have detailed instructions on how to build these guns. The gun in the picture is the high-powered version that shoots corks or rubber stoppers at speeds over 140 miles per hour!
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My New Photo Poster   My New Photo Poster EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 10:45 am

My favorites are '95 and '99, plus your mother's sketch. She is a talented artist. The whole thing is a nice idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: My New Photo Poster   My New Photo Poster EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 6:32 pm

Here's the 11x14 version of my poster framed up on the wall.
My New Photo Poster Ss857212
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: My New Photo Poster   My New Photo Poster EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 11:37 pm

You're the third one from the left in the second row, right?
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: My New Photo Poster   My New Photo Poster EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 11:57 pm

Thanks for sharing!!! It is always nice to see others in different phases of their lives.
Back to top Go down
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: My New Photo Poster   My New Photo Poster EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 5:21 am

Really great idea, PGK. Perhaps in this new age of technology, all bios should be done in pictures as well as words. Yours is definitely a model example.
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: My New Photo Poster   My New Photo Poster EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 7:34 am

Mayby I should write an autobiography someday to go with the pictures. Prehapse I should wait until I've lived a little longer so I'll have even more material to go on. The problem I would face at this point in my life is that any autobiography I wrote would be out of date virtually overnight.lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My New Photo Poster   My New Photo Poster Empty

Back to top Go down

My New Photo Poster
Page 1 of 1