Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

MY HERO, MY DAD by Don Stephens

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

MY HERO, MY DAD by Don Stephens Empty
PostSubject: MY HERO, MY DAD by Don Stephens   MY HERO, MY DAD by Don Stephens EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 11:13 am

Don,
I enjoyed your story – “My hero my Dad.”
The tribute you gave your Dad was most thoughtful and deserving. While reading the story, there were things you did in your youth that reminded me of the same things – like rising early in the morning to check on traps. With me it was muskrats and skunks. I suppose people of our generation did things like that.
Concerning the Shriners, they are a large organization and I’m wondering if you every contacted them. Your story would be of interest to them. It would also provide an opportunity to promote your books.

Abe
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: MY HERO, MY DAD by Don Stephens   MY HERO, MY DAD by Don Stephens EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 1:55 pm

Abe,

I almost forgot about the skunks…LOL, they were sure an unpleasant surprise in the traps.

Yes, I am in contact with the Shriner’s. I on the alumni board here in the Chicago area.
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: MY HERO, MY DAD by Don Stephens   MY HERO, MY DAD by Don Stephens EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 2:46 pm

This is a great story, one I read when it first appeared on Amazon Shorts. Like Don's dad, mine was a Shriner so he would have loved this story. It is one I recommend to every reader.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: MY HERO, MY DAD by Don Stephens   MY HERO, MY DAD by Don Stephens EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 12:41 pm

It was great, Don. I have been skipping around in the anthology so just read it this morning. (I am trying not to read it all at once.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: MY HERO, MY DAD by Don Stephens   MY HERO, MY DAD by Don Stephens EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 2:24 pm

I’m glad you all liked it.

Thanks,

Don
Back to top Go down
madhatter
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
madhatter

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: MY HERO, MY DAD by Don Stephens   MY HERO, MY DAD by Don Stephens EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 5:43 am

Ditto on enjoying the story, DJ.

Your dad sounded a lot like mine. It made me remember and smile.

If everyone had parents who supported them like we obviously did, the would wouldn't be as cruel. Every child deserves a father like yours. Not all get that blessing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rhettdevane.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY HERO, MY DAD by Don Stephens   MY HERO, MY DAD by Don Stephens Empty

Back to top Go down

MY HERO, MY DAD by Don Stephens
Page 1 of 1