Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Crucial Flash Drive

Go down 
+5
P. Gordon Kennedy
Shelagh
E. Don Harpe
Abe F. March
Sue
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Crucial Flash Drive Empty
PostSubject: Crucial Flash Drive   Crucial Flash Drive EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 9:48 am

The Fed-X truck just pulled up with a package. I have no idea who it is from. The Buyer Name is Apple Computer, Inc. So guess the person doesn't want me to know they bought and sent it to me. It is a Crucial Flash Drive. Yep, that is the name of it: Crucial. It is 2GB and I can use it on Windows or a Mac.

Do any of you have one of these?

What do you put on your flash drives?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Crucial Flash Drive   Crucial Flash Drive EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 10:04 am

lol! Sue,
perhaps some hot flashes?

Actually, you will find that they serve great as back-up.
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Crucial Flash Drive   Crucial Flash Drive EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 2:16 pm

Can't do without flash drives. They are invaluable for backing up all your files. Much easier to use and to carry around than disks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Crucial Flash Drive   Crucial Flash Drive EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 2:44 pm

Congratulations on becoming a four star member Don! Crucial Flash Drive 46482 Crucial Flash Drive 46482 Crucial Flash Drive 46482 Crucial Flash Drive 46482
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Crucial Flash Drive   Crucial Flash Drive EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 3:41 pm

Flash drives are another way you can back up your important data. They can also be used to transfer files between computers. Flash drives plug into the USB port and work like a memory card.
Back to top Go down
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Crucial Flash Drive   Crucial Flash Drive EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 3:49 pm

Sue I put copies of all kinds of stuff on a flash drive. It's very handy when I am presenting somewhere and I don't have to take my laptop - just plug in the flashdrive! Of course, there was the time I washed two of them - I had gone to a conference and was presenting in a couple of different sessions, so I had the stuff on two flashdrives - one primary and the other as a spare. When I got home I - ahem - had them in my pants pocket and washed AND dried them. One of them actually still worked afterward, but the other was toast. I'm so much smarter now than I used to be, and I always do like my mom said I ought to---check my pockets before I wash anything!
jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: Crucial Flash Drive   Crucial Flash Drive EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 5:09 pm

I just ripped the packaging open and there are no instructions or a plug of any type. It is the size of a bic lighter, maybe a bit bigger. Do I just plug it into the computer or do I need a cord of some type?
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Crucial Flash Drive   Crucial Flash Drive EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 5:58 pm

There should be a cap of some sort on one end. If you take that off, you can plug it right into any USB port on your computer, and the computer will 'sense' it's there. At least, that is the way mine worked. It came as a freebie with my computer,and I am thinking of getting another. They are not that expensive when you figure what it would cost you if you lost your data.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Crucial Flash Drive   Crucial Flash Drive EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 7:39 pm

Sue,

IF YOU DON’T KNOW WHO SENT IT, I WOULD BE VERY LEARY OF PLUGGIN IT IN TO MY COMPUTER!
IT COULD CONTAIN A SELF EXECUTING VIRUS!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: Crucial Flash Drive   Crucial Flash Drive EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 8:08 pm

Thanks, Don. I didn't think of that. I was going to check around and see if it is one of two people who I told I needed one and who surprises me with things all the time. If it is not them, then i probably won't use it until I find out.

Thanks, again.

Zada, it does have a cap and according to the website you just plug it in like you said. Thanks for the info!!!!!
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Crucial Flash Drive   Crucial Flash Drive EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 9:29 pm

Don is so sharp! You might take it to a computer store and have it checked before you try to use it if you don't find out who sent it. You could always get in touch with Apple to be sure it came from the factory and not some individual. Make sure you have the shipping label with the numbers on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Crucial Flash Drive   Crucial Flash Drive EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 2:30 am

How odd that someone would send that to you and not tell you.

But yeah, listen to Don, if it wasn't brand new and still in the original package I'd be careful about using it.

I buy my flash drives at Costco. I save my writings on them and all my family photos. I always save everything on two different ones, just in case.

Hopefully you will solve "The Flash Drive Mystery" soon.
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: Crucial Flash Drive   Crucial Flash Drive EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 8:50 am

My first post of the day. I will post why in a minute.

Anyway, it came fed x from the apple store and the billing information was from apple computer inc in elk grove ca. The packing list is from Crucial technology.

I get things this way a lot. I will mention I like something or want something and there it is in my mailbox or UPS or Fed-X. I have to be careful what I mention because in 2004 I mentioned I would love to have the biorhythm game Wild Divine. I couldn't afford it. It was $150.00. Four days later it was delivered. I truly have Earth Angels!

I believe in asking the Universe for things and if I am suppose to have it I get it. I have practiced the Law of Attraction long before it was called that. I could fill a book with stories of what has happened to hubby and me over the years. Some of the members here that I have talked to on the phone have gotten an earful from me. *grin* It truly works!

I have been too sick to ask anyone, so will be doing that today. I know it is a legit gift. Just not from who (or is that whom?).

Thank you all for you input and concern. I will let you know as soon as I find out! But again, not using it til I do!

Now to go make a new post. *grin*
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Crucial Flash Drive   Crucial Flash Drive EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 11:39 am

Sounds legit.

I used to work out of Elk Grove CA and there is an Apple Support Center there.

Crucial does memory upgrades for Apple.

~ ~ ~

Isn't it something how things will just come to you?

When my son was three I really wanted to buy him a tricycle but didn't have the money for it. I'd just been thinking of it when he and I were out walking and we began chatting with an older neighbor. He took a look at Joe and asked me if he had a trike yet. I told him no. Our neighbor brought out a nearly new one. It had belonged to his grandkids but they'd outgrown it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: Crucial Flash Drive   Crucial Flash Drive EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 6:39 pm

It was friend from Albany, NY. She said that when she talks to me on the phone I make her laugh and she wanted to do something for me. That was so nice of her! So the mystery is solved! And... I can't wait until tomorrow so I can start using it.

Thank you for all the comments. If I run into problems I know where to come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crucial Flash Drive   Crucial Flash Drive Empty

Back to top Go down

Crucial Flash Drive
Page 1 of 1