Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

New Web Page

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

New Web Page Empty
PostSubject: New Web Page   New Web Page EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 11:01 pm

I recently decided to cancel my web hosting service because of a price increase and spam that had made my primary email account practically unusable. As a result, victordlopez.com was down for a couple of weeks as I searched for a new hosting service and redesigned my web page which I just completed uploading. My apologies to anyone who may have tried to reach me or my personal web page over the last few weeks. I no longer have a "contact me" link because that is how most of the horrendous junk mail and malware was being sent. Let's hope this improves matters along with better filtering software at the hosting service level. At least I got to update my site a bit. I'll still be linking to my external blogger and Wordpress blogs for the sake of convenience, at least for the time being as I don't have the time to port this material to a native blog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

New Web Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Web Page   New Web Page EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 12:38 am

I stopped paying for my website hosting and domain name, too, Victor. I link here directly to my Amazon Author Page and I've put everything from my website onto a free webs.com site. The shelaghwatkins.co.uk site used to appear at the top of the Google search first page. It had sunk without trace, so there was little point in keeping it.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

New Web Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Web Page   New Web Page EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 8:15 am

Shelagh,

I considered abandoning my site as well since I don't monitize it and don't spend much time updating it. And this may be the last time I enter into a long-term hosting contract, unless I decide to use the site to sell my books directly, something that is very unlikely. I use Blogger and Wordpress for my simple blogs and also link content from the blogs to my Amazon Author's Page. Because so much of the content I've posted on many sites--some of which I no longer even remember--points to my domain, I decided to maintain it for at least another three years. We'll see. What I will not do is pay five times the "introductory" rate after my three-year commitment is up. For now, at least I had the incentive to freshen up the site a bit and avoid having to access forgotten sites to change my home page away from my domain to one of my free sites. (Read: I am not as wise as you--no surprise there.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
Sponsored content

New Web Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Web Page   New Web Page Empty

Back to top Go down

New Web Page
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: