Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Affordable Care Act

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Affordable Care Act Empty
PostSubject: Affordable Care Act   Affordable Care Act EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 5:45 pm

I wish we could have a forum with just facts on this topic, not political projections of doom and gloom or the panacea for health care.  It is the law and good people who need the insurance are being scared away by the big lies being told.

My niece was told by her father who heard "somewhere" that the lowest premium was $400 and that getting online was so difficult it wasn't worth it at that price.

That lie was purposefully spread to discourage young people from signing up to help the Affordable  Care Act fail.  Now, why should any good human being want it to fail after all the effort and cost of putting it in place?  Why should they encourage people to not get the insurance they need?  Do they enjoy the long wait for real emergencies in the ER?

Failure is not an option.  The goal should be to give it all we've got for its success and then fix the problems along the way.  It's a big act with over ten parts and a zillion pages - of course it will have glitches.  The implementation money was short-changed compared to other new pieces of legislation and many republican governors already tried to stop its implementation in their states.

Back to my niece.  I went online and got through immediately.  The state she is in had denied its citizens the medicaid expansion otherwise the $188.00 mid-range (silver) policy I found for her  would cost her $100 a month based on her income - either one a long ways from the $400 a month.

When I told her dad, he ignored my finding and skipped ahead to, "Well, she might get insurance but my insurance at work will start costing me more money so it all gets worse."  That's not true either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Affordable Care Act Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affordable Care Act   Affordable Care Act EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 9:58 pm

Good idea DK.  Trying to make decisions based on lies or incomplete info is not good in any situation.  And the, as you indicated, when the truth is told, people will excuse it away.  No one wants to be wrong and work to justify their lack of knowledge with diversion.
Back to top Go down

Affordable Care Act
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: