Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Shelagh Inspired My Latest Book

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Shelagh Inspired My Latest Book Empty
PostSubject: Shelagh Inspired My Latest Book   Shelagh Inspired My Latest Book EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 6:46 am

Shelagh made a comment about my book Side Piece that gave me the idea for my latest book Amber Alarm. The main character of the book Side Piece is named Amber and Shelagh said is this an Amber Alert. Well Amber Alerts are sent out for missing children here in the US. I didn't want to use the word alert in the title so I used alarm instead for Amber Alarm to indicate a missing rich husband in the arms of Amber. You never know where an idea will come from, but that one comment inspired me to write a book.

Thanks Shelagh.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Shelagh Inspired My Latest Book   Shelagh Inspired My Latest Book EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 9:13 am

9/29/2013

DT..

Congratulations..Should inspire me to go back to writing !

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Shelagh Inspired My Latest Book   Shelagh Inspired My Latest Book EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 2:36 pm

That's amazing, DT! It's what Ann refers to as one of life's synchronicities. I sparked an idea that was probably already forming in your mind. Writing is very much like that. We start out with one thing and end up with something completely different. It's what I love about writing.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Shelagh Inspired My Latest Book   Shelagh Inspired My Latest Book EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 2:45 pm

Recently attended a workshop that compared people who believe they are "channeling" thoughts from Jesus and other famous people to "inspired" other authors who hear voices that tell them what to write - in this case, Shelagh's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
LC124

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Shelagh Inspired My Latest Book   Shelagh Inspired My Latest Book EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 11:54 am

She inspired me too!
Shelagh Inspired My Latest Book Lies_and_the_lying_liars
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Shelagh Inspired My Latest Book   Shelagh Inspired My Latest Book EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:20 pm

lc124 - Are you Al Franken, the author of the following print, ebook and audio book? 
Lies: And the Lying Liars Who Tell Them
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shelagh Inspired My Latest Book   Shelagh Inspired My Latest Book Empty

Back to top Go down

Shelagh Inspired My Latest Book
Page 1 of 1