Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Is there an end ... ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie Moore
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Charlie Moore

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Is there an end ... ? Empty
PostSubject: Is there an end ... ?   Is there an end ... ? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:59 pm

... to all the bitterness, fault-finding, terrorism, sin, wars, rumors of wars and all the other issues of the world we face. Yes, there is. It happens when Christ returns in glory, when no person will mistake or wonder about his divinity. When he casts Satan and the influence thereof out of our midst all these worldly things will change. All people will live in harmony.

Some people will say well that's fine to say those things because they sound good, but I don't believe that is how it will play out. I say the work of Christ cannot and will not be thwarted by man. If you believe the sum of 2 and 2 is 5 that doesn't change the fact it is 4. Not believing in the Second Coming of Christ (and I don't suppose to know who here believes one way or another about this event) doesn't alter the fact it will happen.

What happens when Christ returns? Many things happen, here are a couple. All temporal governments in the world are dissolved and Christ will rule the entire earth in a perfect theocracy. This reign will last 1000 years and death as we know it will no longer happen.

So, whether this is to be believed by everybody is irrelevant. Many will not believe. However, in the wake of constant negativity I think it is a good idea to speak of something positive. Something that I believe in. In a world in turmoil and upheaval I think of this single event and keep a positive attitude.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Is there an end ... ?   Is there an end ... ? EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 2:37 pm

It will come...maybe not in our life time, but it will come. A lot of bad stuff has to happen first...then the anti-Christ will come, and destroy the belief in God.

It is the only time in human history, that we welcome bad news. Those who don’t believe do not understand that. Stay the course Charlie.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Is there an end ... ?   Is there an end ... ? EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 2:41 pm

I respect your views. Mine are different because I have lived in many parts of the world and have read the Bible and the life of Christ in relation to what I have learned in my travels.  I find a different interpretation that speaks from within as relevant to me as the interpretation you follow is to you.  Therefore, I grant you the right to your beliefs and own my own as deeply as you own yours.  I believe it's each person's prerogative to  hear their own spiritual message and not be judged for being different than someone else's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Is there an end ... ?   Is there an end ... ? EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 8:43 pm

dkchristi wrote:
I respect your views. Mine are different because I have lived in many parts of the world and have read the Bible and the life of Christ in relation to what I have learned in my travels.  I find a different interpretation that speaks from within as relevant to me as the interpretation you follow is to you.  Therefore, I grant you the right to your beliefs and own my own as deeply as you own yours.  I believe it's each person's prerogative to  hear their own spiritual message and not be judged for being different than someone else's.
Who was judging you? Neither Charlie, nor me?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Is there an end ... ?   Is there an end ... ? EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 10:15 pm

That is one reason that I wrote the short story: Eternal Life - Transformation.
Although there are many substantiated errors in the Bible, it is still a good book to read.  There are truths that apply to us all.  How one interprets what one reads should be clear to any writer. 
I too respect any person's beliefs.  My deceased mother was a Bible-loving person and lived her religion.  It sustained her in times of trouble and gave her hope.  Pushing ones beliefs on another is believed to be the obligation of a some Christian doctrines and my mother was no exception. 
We all know right from wrong just by following our gut feelings.  Ignoring our inner prompts is a common mistake IMV. 

I believe that living the life that we endorse says more than any words.  Be the person you want others to follow.  Following the example of Christ is not easy in today's world.  We have only to look at politics to see that actions don't agree with the words.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Moore
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Charlie Moore

PostSubject: Re: Is there an end ... ?   Is there an end ... ? EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 2:38 pm

I would certainly never judge anyone based on their beliefs, either spiritually or temporally. When it comes to religion, spirituality, deity, my relationship with deity, I claim my beliefs are mine and shared by others who believe as I do only. All my comments coincide with my LDS faith and some do come from reading books other than the Bible which we consider to be scripture. Many Christians believe Jesus is the Christ with all the connotations associated with the divine title. Many believe in a second coming to happen some time in the future.

I realize and accept that many, while sharing some belief in Jesus, have decidedly different views of this man. Whether you believe in this man, as the world's Savior, as I do, or not, I encourage you to learn of Jesus, his life, his earthly mission, his divine mission, our relationship with him and his relationship with us.

A great book on the life of Jesus is written by James Talmadge (sp). Very thorough and complete.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Is there an end ... ?   Is there an end ... ? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 2:57 pm

Most of the problem people have with religion, is they see error in the Bible. Let me state, I do not believe in any religion...I do believe in the God of the Bible, and the Bible itself. Much of the error associated with the Bible comes from translators, and those who teach the Bible.

Here is an example of what I mean; Words used when the sixty six books of the Bible were written, had a different meaning, than when translated.

Up to the year 1950, or so, I could have said, John Doe is a gay person…meaning he was a happy person…today the word gay is used to describe ones’ sexual preference for the same sex. If I translated a book from 1950 that described John Doe as gay, I would have to say, “He was a happy person,” rather than use the word gay. Somebody else reading the 1950 book, could say I made an error because I did not use the word gay.

Errors’ need to be corrected, from the date the text was written. Within the Bible many trees are spoken of…all of these are relate to people, or what they have done. These trees are all symbolic. For some reason, some body started teaching the two trees in the Garden were real trees. There is nothing to back up the teaching the trees in the Garden were real trees. In Genesis there are a number of scriptures religious teachers fail to link, that proves the trees were symbolic, and the eating of its fruit was something very different.

I have yet to find one error in the Bible. Many can be found in the teaching of the Bible.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Moore
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Charlie Moore

PostSubject: Re: Is there an end ... ?   Is there an end ... ? EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 6:58 pm

After many heated discussions with my brother on the topic of religion I try very hard (now) not to offend anyone when I relate what I believe to be true in terms of spirituality, religion, the after life, deity and so forth. That is not to say I've suddenly become wishy-washy on my beliefs. I have not. But I have learned that disparaging those who don't share in my beliefs is wrong. I can boldly say I am right and time will bare me out, but, of course, anyone can say that. Everyone is going to have to decide what is true religiously and spiritually for them and bare the judgment for their choice when the time comes from the one person (Christ) who does have the right to judge.

I started this thread with the idea that chaos in the world would end with the Lord's second coming. In my religion (LDS) the Lord is Jesus Christ. According to my religion Christ will do the following things when He returns:  He will clean the earth. He will destroy the wicked. He will judge his people. He will begin what is called the Millennium. He will show us our forefathers back through all generations to Father Adam and Mother Eve. He will complete the First Resurrection. That means those found to be just will rise from their graves to meet Christ as He descends from Heaven.

My church is small in numbers and fairly new in terms of existence on the earth. Just under 200 years and a membership that just passed 15 million. Catholics are numbers in the billions. But we're growing rapidly. There are 80,000 plus missionaries proclaiming the message we believe in and we are found in nations throughout the world. I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone who believes differently than I, but if I'm going to stand by what I say I must be fair to myself in declaring who I am.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Is there an end ... ?   Is there an end ... ? EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 7:23 pm

It's wonderful to have beliefs that include such a lovely picture.  For me, this is life on earth, right now.  I create in my mind and in my behavior the joys or sorrows that exist in my world as I see it.  My spiritual center within guides my thoughts when I listen and then the world is truly a beautiful place.  I have a responsibility to love others and not be a mean-spirited person or do harm to anything or any being that exhibits a life force.  I am imperfect and only my spiritual essence is the perfection of the God that created a life for me on earth, a temporary experience in this earthly body, a parenthesis in eternity where all are part of the whole that is defined as God, Creator, Spirit, Allah, and more names depending on cultures and beliefs.

I respect the beliefs of other people that do not include causing harm or belittling another's spiritual understanding.  I believe we are one people, united by the red blood that flows in our veins, one people with many external differences but the same life force seeking love, acceptance, sustenance and to sustain and regenerate life.

Earth provides sufficient for all its people if only they would love one another instead of dwelling on boundaries and instead emphasized feeding the hungry and curing the sick.  If only greed could be overcome and fear of loss - so much more love would have room to grow and sustain life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there an end ... ?   Is there an end ... ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there an end ... ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Society :: Religion and Spirituality-
Jump to: