Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

It's not wise to piss off the devil

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10721
Registration date : 2008-01-26

It's not wise to piss off the devil Empty
PostSubject: It's not wise to piss off the devil   It's not wise to piss off the devil EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:51 am

It's not wise to piss off the devil, by D. J. Stephens.

This book is not recommended for the faint-hearted.  As noted in the forward to the story, it states:  “This story contains strong language and graphic violence.”

This book is the fourth in a series of Jeff Barkil adventures.  The author Stephens, using flashback, brings the reader up to speed on his character and capabilities. Barkil’s friend and former boss Kelly, calls Jeff when Kelly’s daughter disappears from the university.  Kelly asks Jeff to help find her and the action begins.  Jeff is no longer a young man.  His years of working under cover for the CIA in Southeast Asia left him scarred.  Coming out of retirement to go into action again was not easy, but was a challenge he couldn’t ignore.  The story unfolds with the interrogation of the person who abducted the girl and sets the tone for the rest of the story that involves the Mexican drug cartel in the Mexican jungles. 
When I started reading this story, I was so captivated that I stopped reading when my eyes needed a rest.  There is suspense throughout the story keeping the reader glued to the pages. 
Don Stephens has once again written a novel proving his worth as a writer.  The only negative I would give to this story is the lack of good editing.  Although the reader will note the few errors, it does not detract from the story.  Books by best-selling authors contain errors and in my view, D.J. Stephens ranks among the best. 

I give this a 5-Star.
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: It's not wise to piss off the devil   It's not wise to piss off the devil EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 4:40 pm

Corrections made!!

Thanks Abe
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: It's not wise to piss off the devil   It's not wise to piss off the devil EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 10:01 pm

No thanks necessary Don.  I thoroughly enjoy reading your books.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: It's not wise to piss off the devil   It's not wise to piss off the devil EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 5:48 am

Since corrections are made, can the review be fixed to not include that line?  I enjoyed the review.  I know it's not my type of reading, but I could sense the excitement of the story.

A review of Ghost Orchid included the line, "this book is well-written with no errors and grammatically correct."  I found such a statement indicative that they couldn't believe an author with a small press could write a technically correct piece of work!  It sort of spoiled the otherwise great review.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: It's not wise to piss off the devil   It's not wise to piss off the devil EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:16 am

I went to Amazon with the intention of changing the review, but couldn't find a provision to make editing changes.  If there is a way, let me know.

I highly recommend reading any of Don's books.  I am a fan.  Starting with Bear Killer, his first novel, you will get hooked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's not wise to piss off the devil   It's not wise to piss off the devil Empty

Back to top Go down

It's not wise to piss off the devil
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Writing and Publishing :: Reviews-
Jump to: