Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?

Go down 
+5
alj
Abe F. March
alice
E. Don Harpe
joefrank
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 7:57 am

Griping, complaining, and blaming are the responses of a victim, and the mark of a victim is powerlessness.

One of the first steps is awareness.  We cannot blindly accept what we read.  We need to check out the sources and their agendas.  We need to hold discussions like this one. We need to step out of denial and into acceptance of the reality of what is being exposed.  We need to stop running from one extreme to the other and come back to the center, and find a balancing point.  We need to see ourselves lass as individuals and more as a community, a group of people working together and supporting each other.  Every citizen within a community has something to give.  We need to recognize and accept diversity.

The old European monarchs of an even earlier paradigm thought they could consolidate their power by intermarrying.  What happened was that they narrowed the gene pool, and without new DNA, those monarchs slipped into feeble-mindedness.  Monsanto wants to control the world by controlling the food supply, and in the process is altering the DNA of our farm produce.  Isn't that another version of the old intermarriage practice?  We need to be aware of what is happening to our food supply.

Occupy Wall Street is still operating, quietly, but consistently.  The mainstream media blocked most of what they were doing in NY and NJ after Sandy, but they were finding sources and ways to help the families who were struggling, and doing a better hob than the government agencies who were supposed to take care of the problems.  Even if the group was not still functioning, they served a valuable purpose in addressing the need for change in the way corporations controlled both the markets and congress.  They drew the world's attention to the problems and the reality of what was happening, and they did it peacefully.  We need to continue exposing the secrets and we need to insist on objective reporting of facts rather than the current system of manipulating and controlling through making the news into a constant drama that we need to be afraid of and feel powerless to change.

We do not need to fight back with violence.  We need to remain calm.  Most of all we need to remain aware and make our choices based on that awareness.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:09 am

I guess we can always blame technology.   It keeps us informed and on edge continuously.  I have  given up. 

The news is hardly newsworthy.  Information without a remedy is not helpful.
I saw and like Ann's response.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:32 am

6/17/2013

The whole Govt. is corrupt ! it needs to be changed , get back to our fore-fathers
                   The Fed. Govt. should be small not Gigantic ! Our fore-fathers have stated this,
                   when is the public going to learn politicians lie, cheat and they would throw their
                   own mothers under the bus to save their own hides...

Cheers.Joe...Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 634186
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:46 am

Alice wrote:
 I guess we can always blame technology.   It keeps us informed and on edge continuously.  I have  given up
Given up on hope for change or just on technology?

We can stop buying the papers or watching the channels that give biased or over-dramatic coverage that are designed to keep us on edge and fearful so that we lose our sense of hope.  We can comment on internet articles and blogs - Heck, we can write our own blogs and respond to topics like this one.

If we give up on hope, we have lost already

The world is changing.  More and more people see that every day.  Remember the story of the 100th monkey?  Look at history.  Change occurs when a relatively small percentage of people change, creating a "critical mass" which brings the rest of the people into the newer way of seeing things.

The world once approved of slavery.  More recently, in this country, it was perfectly okay to put people of particular ethnic backgrounds into inferior schools because most people believed that the group itself was inferior.  The Civil Rights movement changed that.  Oh, yes, there are still quite a few people who remain racially prejudiced, but they are becoming more and more powerless to do anything about it.  Eventually, those few will just die out.

The world is evolving,and if you look back over time, you cannot help but see that, in the long run, the evolution moves in a positive direction.

Joe wrote:
when is the public going to learn politicians lie, cheat and they would throw their own mothers under the bus to save their own hides...

Joe, the public will learn when they stop listening blindly to biased reporting and take the time to research that source's agenda.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:56 am

Ann,

I have not given up on people.  The people I know are  good and decent.  The news is the cause of my angst. 
I can change that--quit listening to it. 
One should laugh everyday--hard to do when listening to disturbing, always negative news.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 9:39 am

I guess it is the accountant in me.  I love records.  Efficiency too . Honestly I don't care that Bush started this.  Everything he did was not wrong.
Now people are mad at Obama over it.  
I'd be mad if he quit it. 

MHO
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 9:52 am

Alice wrote wrote:
I guess it is the accountant in me.  I love records.  Efficiency too . Honestly I don't care that Bush started this.  Everything he did was not wrong.
Now people are mad at Obama over it.  
I'd be mad if he quit it. 

Bingo!  Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 704672
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 10:38 am

I’m trying to make sense of all the pro and con posts. 

People want security and at the same time, they want their privacy.

Without an ID, security forces use profiling to select people for questioning.  A legitimate person is and should be annoyed by this.  Often a legitimate person is abused by the police because they fit the profile of a terrorist.
Many, I included, desire background checks on people purchasing guns.  At the same time, many feel this is an invasion of their privacy.   When a terrorist act or a shooting occurs, those same people wonder why the perpetrator wasn’t checked out. 
You can’t have it both ways.  An ID card gives the security forces some measure of control.  If a person is in our country illegally, they won’t have an ID and if they make their own, or steal one, the picture on the ID card must match with the picture on record. 
In Europe, money is coded and large bills are swiped at the cash register or help avoid counter-fitted (bogus) money.  A code on an ID or even a Social Security Card allows the company to ascertain if the applicant is legitimate. 
With our electronic capabilities, checking can be accomplished quickly. 

As Alice indicated: If a person has nothing to hide, why all the fuss?
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:13 am

Abe said: wrote:
You can’t have it both ways. 

Why not? Why is there not a means for an individual to see what has been encoded into a chip or card that pears their name?

Is the agency encoding the card a trustworthy one?

Who is going to decide what information is satisfactory and what is not?  What standards are goijng to be used to make those decisions?  Who gets to define terrorism, and what constitutes a terrorist?

Do our posts have to be labeled "pro" and "con," as if there is only one right and one wrong answer to the situation, and are we in competition with each other to see who gives the most correct response?

The purpose of a dialog is to come to a consinsus, not to porve one is right or wrong.  There very well could be right and wrong on both sides of the issue.  Open dialog helps to determine what is just and to find a balanceed answer.

Does our discussion have to be reduced to mere argument in order to determine who wins and who loses?

Arguments which imply winners and losers in a competition are part of the old, patriarchal paradigm.

A balanced system promotes a discussion which can arrive at a cooperative solution.

You, yourself, Abe, claim rights to being both an American and a European.  You have said here that Europe has the better answer, but where are you today?  Is anyone forcing to choose between your land of birth and your chosen home?  Since you do not live here, what if your ability to vote in the US were affected by information encoded on that little chip?

Complex issues do not have simple either/or solutions.  To wonder and question is not a sign of fear. Fear is the blind acceptance of outside control without asking why it is necessary.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:21 am

There is probably wrong information recorded about us now, but where?  If it were all in one place, it would be easier to find and check it.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:44 am

6/17/2013

Evidently no one gets it ? Yes trying to make things safer is one thing, I can
                   see the Boston Bombers got passed them , so what good is the system, as
                   for a plastic card with a micro chip if it only has your ss info. Today I saw on
                   the local news how the Democrats want to pass a bill and take out the words
                   " Severe Hardship, " for an illegal to " Hardship," there are two cases of two
                   illegals who have hit and run down two policemen killing them and under the
                   so called orders of the Homeland Security they cannot be tried will be turned
                   over to Ice, but they can't be deported or tried for the murders of two police
                   officers because of " Hardship," to their families ! Give me a break ! These two
                   men were driving drunk and on top of drinking one of them was also taking
                   cocaine ! They need to be tried for murder these police officers were married
                   and their children needed a father, they need to dismantle and re-do Homeland
                   Security the head of it is a fool and an idiot  and a moron !

Cheers.Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:30 pm

Quote :
There is probably wrong information recorded about us now, but where?  If it were all in one place, it would be easier to find and check it.

If we have access to it.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:39 pm

Speaking of information. As an aside, did you know that Cerner (maker of health care software) stores the health records of 20% of the whole US? And lots outside it. The servers they're on are kept in an underground concrete bunker with armed guards. Employees get tours of the place.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Oh Phooey do we know what they have on us now?  Do we have access?  I don't lose a minute of sleep over it.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Right now I am mortified.  I gave away a book with errors. Anyone who got it free, please toss it.  You can get it again free.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 2:14 pm

I wonder what Crowe thinks about this?  LOL
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Crowe is a celebrity.  He has no privacy to invade.  Anything he says or does in "news." Reporters and paparazzi can write anything they want, take pictures and sell them, completely fabricate stories to go with the pictures, repeat stories from other publications and embellish the already made up stories with more lies.  There is nothing he can do about it because since he is famous, reporters and photographers are protected under freedom of the press.

When he was on Inside the Actor's Studio in 2003,  he was asked the question "What career would you least like to be involved in,"  and his answer was, "politics."  He doesn't get into politics often, but supports green party causes in Australia. However, he recently stopped getting his cattle certified as organic beef so that he could spray his cows for ticks, because picking them off by hand was too big a job and his cows were miserable from getting bitten too often. Last fall, after several sources including a Wiki article claimed he was a Romney supporter, he denied it on Twitter, advising Americans to vote for Obama. When he got several replies saying it was none of his business, he pointed out that he paid US taxes and was an active member of a trade union in this country, so he felt he had a right to an opinion, but that he only spoke out to correct the misinformation that had been published about him.  To say he is not a friend of his fellow Australian, Rupert Murdoch is an understatement of the greatest degree.

What would you think?  scratch Smile
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 3:27 pm

I see Washington is in a dither ! There's talk of arrests in the IRS,
                         Eric Holder being held in contempt and many others who could be
                         tried under congress with Impeachment ! I say try all the liers, it's
                         not a transparent administration...

Cheers.......Joe.....Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 634186
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 4:53 pm

Joe,

I personally wish they would focus on jobs and rebuilding our roads  and bridges, airports and trains. Impeachment is a monumental waste of  time and resources.  As we saw with Clinton, guilt is one thing, removal from office, quite another.   

Ann,

Thank you.  You  are a true Crowe expert. LOL
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:10 pm

6/17/2013
                      They never will create new jobs, there are 12 million out of work,
                      the roads and bridges that's a joke, they claimed several years ago
                      we will re-build , HA !!!!  Evidently not one politician has looked at
                      what Roosevelt did, he created jobs and help rebuild the country..

Cheers....Joe....Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 925501
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:30 pm

Quote :
I personally wish they would focus on jobs and rebuilding our roads  and bridges, airports and trains.

That was supposed to happen with the $800 billion stimulus Obama spent his first term, remember? That was what he said it would go to. Instead, one billion went to the Solyndra fraud, billions to other frauds (all friends of Obama), the Pigford scam, billions to things like Cash for Clunkers, which turned out to be a clunker itself, and, of course, billions mismanaged, stolen, and continuing to flow to Iraq and Afghanistan. And now we're getting into Syria, looks like.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:40 pm

6/17/2013

I say Syria looks like another war we're getting into, don't believe
                 the bull Washington feeds to the public , Oh no we're just helping
                 the rebels, guess what Russia is helping Assad, Iran is sending
                 40,000 troops to Syria to help Assad and soon we will be sending
                 troops .........................
                                                             Cheers  Joe...Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 925501
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Back on topic.  Voter registration information is public.  Governor Scott just vetoed a measure that would make the email addresses from voter registration private.  Thus, if you register to vote, your name, address, phone #, email #, party with whom you registered, - all public.  Spam time in the ole town soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:40 pm

6/17/2013

Pray the young people aren't sent to Syria to war !
                     We have enough young people getting maimed and
                     killed ! I don't give a dam about the Middle East and
                     We should mind our own business....

Cheers.Joe......Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 925501
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 10:38 pm

You want privacy?  Don't become a writer.
You want privacy?  Don't become a member of any forum.

You want security?  Be willing to reveal who you are.
You want promotion?  Tell people about you.

You want privacy, security and promotion? You are living in a dream world.  Just don't tell anyone where that dream world is located or it will become crowded and you will lose your fantasy dream world.

What does one wish to hide?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?   Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to say goodbye to Social Security cards ?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next