Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Raven Cove - A seaside tale, urban fantasy at KDP!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
A. Hellstorm

A. Hellstorm

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-03-23

Raven Cove - A seaside tale, urban fantasy at KDP! Empty
PostSubject: Raven Cove - A seaside tale, urban fantasy at KDP!   Raven Cove - A seaside tale, urban fantasy at KDP! EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 4:34 pm

Plot synopsis:

If you, on your way home from work suddenly find yourself to be confronted by a shadow with an attitude holding a freaking scythe, you would probably suspect your life to take an unexpected turn for the stranger.

Xander Ryan is a man of peace and quiet, kicking back in the sunlit seaside paradise of Raven Cove and cherishing his job as a waiter at the most popular restaurant in town. Being used to challenges such as serving an unusually crowded dining room or figuring out when to get an appointment with the hair dresser, Xander is taken as off-guard as physically possible when he, on a night just like anyone is mortally threatened by the sudden appearance of shards, shadow-like sadistic monsters with a liking to sharp blades. Knowing that his waiter skills will not save him he accepts the new twist of fate, when he is suddenly rescued by the incredibly mysterious and powerful Japanese swordsman Ryumon Yamato. After slaying the shards attacking Xander like it was a walk in the park, Yamato fully introduces himself and explains about the creatures of darkness, including how Xander will never be safe from them again and then disappears into the night, leaving the poor waiter more confused and nervous than ever. From then on, Xander's life starts to fill up with one supernatural occurrence after the other, including a sinister occult conspiracy threatening the entire town and everyone in it, as secret after secret unravel in a quest for answers, survival and the return to a simple life by the sea.

What are the shards, where do they come from and what do they want? And more importantly, when will Xander be able to cut his hair and take out his garbage?

First chapter excerpt:

"Oh, how reassuring," he mumbled cynically, "I'm actually followed so at least I can't be paranoid. I suppose they are armed as well..."

Murphy's law states that when in a pinch, one does not ask for weapons at one's own disadvantage. When dropping a sandwich, it will end up with the buttered side down, when forgetting to bring an umbrella, it will start to rain for sure and when supposing the scary villains present to be equipped with weapons, they sure will be. The shadow at Xander's left drew what appeared to be some sort of a knife, the one at his right pulled out a pair of chains, the one behind him revealed an even bigger knife but the slightly larger shadow in front of him cared to top that and a clinging noise was heard as it drew a clearly bothersome piece of equipment.

"What the hell!" Xander thought with his eyes beyond wide-opened, "That's a freaking scythe! What kind of punks are these guys? If they were set to rob me it would have been over by now, but with these weapons, they look ready to cut me to pieces, why? I haven't done anything wrong enough for this to happen, all I want is to get home and take out the garbage, honestly!"

The four mysterious beings approached Xander, slowly raising their weapons at him. Xander had no actual street cred of any form and his combat experience was nonexistent, so the fact that he had no idea whatsoever of how to defend himself barehanded from a scythe, was not too hard to understand. Since he had always been more of a rational and reasonable person, he made a desperate effort to reason with his newly found enemies.
"Hey, who are you, what do you want from me?" He stared at them, one after the other and for some strange, creepy reason, he was not able to catch eye contact with any of them. With a closer look, they hardly even resembled human beings at all. Obscured by black robes flowing almost like smoke, lacking facial features other than murky pits as eyes and with hands like dead, black twigs. They drifted closer to him step by step and kept giving away a soft, screeching sound and had no obvious intentions to reply to Xander's question. One of them got even more uncomfortably close and raised its knife at Xander, while letting out a nightmarish laughter.

"What the hell are you doing,'' he yelled, attempting the act of reasoning one more time, ''who are you and why are you attacking me?" All the four assailants gave away a coherent shriek as the small, sharp blade cut through the air. Xander was convinced that his chances of escape or defense were nonexistent and prepared himself for whatever pain the shadows had in mind, but right before it reached him, the knife stopped. A sound of clashing steel filled the area and the shadow holding the knife cried in frustration, to which the other three agreed with furious hissing. Xander, tremendously relieved and thankful to be unharmed, raised his head for an explanation and saw yet another mysterious character standing on top of a roof, piercing the shadowy adversaries with eyes of fierce justice.
Back to top Go down
A. Hellstorm

A. Hellstorm

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-03-23

Raven Cove - A seaside tale, urban fantasy at KDP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raven Cove - A seaside tale, urban fantasy at KDP!   Raven Cove - A seaside tale, urban fantasy at KDP! EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 1:02 pm

...and here's the link to Amazon!

Please enjoy the read at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BPC72NA !
Back to top Go down

Raven Cove - A seaside tale, urban fantasy at KDP!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Authors and Books :: e-books-
Jump to: