Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Christmas Promotion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tensejim
One Star Member
One Star Member
tensejim

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-12-13

Christmas Promotion Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Promotion   Christmas Promotion EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:27 pm

In an attempt to promote my book some more, I am scheduling a three day Free promo on Amazon Dec 24-26. It has fallen so far down in the rankings since I published it I fear it will be lost forever if I don't do something to bring it back up (about 290000). I played with prices but that had no effect. The only thing that seemed to draw interest to it was the two day free promo I did this past weekend. I considered the next promo and these three days seem logical as many people will be getting Kindles and Ipads. What do you think? Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
http://giftedbook.blogspot.com/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12624
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Promotion   Christmas Promotion EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:24 am

Jim, Please could you give me a list of authors you've read who have only written one book?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
I shall never be old. It doesn't suit me -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Shelagh Watkins
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
tensejim
One Star Member
One Star Member
tensejim

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Promotion   Christmas Promotion EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:48 am

Me Shalagh hehe. I am working on my second one. As I have stated, this was my first book, I only just published it so I am very new to all of this. Gifted is the first of what will be a trilogy then I will follow up with a new book or series after that.

Why do you ask? Am I doing something wrong? All advise and critisism is welcome = )
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12624
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Promotion   Christmas Promotion EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 2:11 pm

We all started out with just one book. Some had expectations of making sales. I never did. I wrote a book, I put it out for readers to read. I sold a few copies and moved on to other things. That first book has had 12,000+ free downloads. It is permanently free on Kindle:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Most of the downloads occurred during the first three months. Now, it averages 10+ downloads per day on amazon.com and close to 3 downloads per day on amazon.co.uk -- which would not make a very good living as a paid book. Even giving it away is a hard sell.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
I shall never be old. It doesn't suit me -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Shelagh Watkins
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
tensejim
One Star Member
One Star Member
tensejim

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Promotion   Christmas Promotion EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 2:20 pm

But you enjoyed writing it and the ones since. Don't get me wrong, I would love to make a living out of this, that is a great dream for any of us is it not? I have no doubt that you are levels above me in talent!

Yes, I have expectations, aspirations, hopes, and dreams of making sales. Why not? But I also enjoy seeing each download and sale that is made even if they are miniscule. Whether my book sales or not is irrelevant really, I enjoyed writing it and I enjoy the challenge of getting it out to people. I shall further enjoy doing so with future books.

It is a hobby, a career path, a game, a dream, and an adventure. It makes me smile whether I become successful or not. I know it is the same for you or you would not persevere.

Thanks again for commenting, I look forward to learning and growing from you and everyone else here = )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Promotion   Christmas Promotion Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Promotion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Information-
Jump to: