Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

On MY Schedule For 2013

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ctaretzlmt

ctaretzlmt

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-12-12

On MY Schedule For 2013 Empty
PostSubject: On MY Schedule For 2013   On MY Schedule For 2013 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:50 pm

A New Year's Around The Corner...
This year is ending and I'm going to start 2013 out strong...

The first thing on my schedule:

I've already started making moves to get a poetry/writing group going, here in Chicago, for when I get back January 8th. This is going to be a group of men and women who are interested in sharing their work, producing more work, and to participate in activities with people that have the same common denominator as them, writing. I'm very excited about this project that I've started to work on, I believe that a good, healthy, and strong writers network will, not only improve my quality of life, but, help me to become a better writer.

The second thing on my schedule:

The second thing I have on my schedule is a new business. It takes thousands of dollars in the least to open up restaurants, stores--liquor, convenience, clothing, etc--movie theaters, just go through a city/town and look at all the existing businesses--it all costs a lot. And not just to start those said businesses, to keep them open as well--inventory, taxes, power, staff, insurances--there are so many things that one has to do to start a PLACE of business.

Well folks, my "PLACE" of business is my computer, my office starts at my apartment, and it travels to everyone, everywhere. And my business won't cost anywhere close to one-thousand-dollars, never mind thousands...

For the longest time I cursed network marketing. Because of the other companies I attempted to network market for, I found a hatred for businesses that utilize this form of marketing, to introduce/sell products to the general public. I always felt that network marketing--by itself--would work well, actually, I have always felt that it was the best way to make a product known, but, the companies offering the product were deceitful and/or dishonest--they didn't disclose the full price I would have to pay, and the ungodly work I had to put in just to get one client. Not only that, but, the product wasn't as good as advertised, and I had to sell a lot of it to make money. The troubles I had when trying to sell a mediocre to half-assed product, on top of convincing others that the product was worth it, and even more worth it if they took full advantage of the opportunity aspect (the business), were overwhelming and next to impossible to overcome.

I thought I would never look at a business that involved network marketing as the tool to spread a product again. I was wrong. The business I'm getting into is not like anything I've seen before, and it involves the deregulation of the monopolies we utilize on a daily basis. It's about giving back to the citizens, not just in this country but, around the world. I know for a fact that this is a great business to get into, I know that there is money to save and be made, YES, I know that I WILL make money. The only way I won't make money is if I quit--I don't do that anymore.

The third thing on my schedule:

The third thing on my schedule is to finish off the books/short stories I've started to write; and publish at least one more book before the end of this year. I believe I can do it, my confidence has been restored a bit after writing and self-publishing a couple of books in August of this year.

I have other smaller goals/visions on my schedule too, but, they are not as important to me as the three I've just listed. The things in life don't come walking up to you and say, "Hey, here I am and I'm yours." You have to go find what's yours and that's what I'm doing, finally.

(To see my book go to the house avatar and click, "www" below the text. If you want to see both books, go to Amazon's website and search for Carsten Aretz, and you will find both of my books).

Back to top Go down
http://www.amazon.com/Paycheck-Personal-Experience-Struggle-eboo

On MY Schedule For 2013
Page 1 of 1