Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

New to the Author World

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nascentian

Nascentian

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-12-11

New to the Author World Empty
PostSubject: New to the Author World   New to the Author World EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:16 am

Hey guys!

My name is Dave Eden, and I just completed my first novel. "Mirage - The First of the Nascentian Chronicles".

The Nascentian Chronicles are a 5-part book series entailing world mythology and folklore, Nascentia being a world where every tale ever told to any child in the world lives, thrives, and co-exists together.

"Mirage" follows Kellen, a young adult who is thrown from our world, and into theirs, and needs to learn wether or not he is losing his mind.

(for more, check out nascentia dot net or search "Nascentian Chronicles" on Facebook!)

I had never really planned on being an author for a career, and started my professional life as an animator. The Nascentian Chronicles were really started as a small children's book as a way to bolster my portfolio with illustrations.

Now, after 6 years of writing, re-writing, research, growth, more research, tweaks, and more research, Nascentia is home to over 200 legends, myths, and bedtime stories from over 80 world cultures. Which is why it cannot be contained in 1 book...and is a 5-part series. Rolling Eyes

In October, I self-published 100 copies exclusive to friends and family members, and sold all 100 within a month, receiving feedback and pointers along the way as people have read them. In that time, the book has had a few overhauls, including an additional chapter to its ending, and a complete re-work of the first chapter. Thusfar, the feedback has been amazing! Far better than I had anticipated.

It will be going for its public digital debut on amazon.com in January and I could not be more excited!

From an article featuring me on authorpond:

"For the past 6 years author David J. Eden, has been preparing for the release of the first book in his series, The Nascentian Chronicles. For readers of all ages, Eden has created a new world for them to explore, a world that coexists with our own. Says Eden, "Nascentia is the real 'Neverending Story'".

"Everyone has a favorite Bedtime Story. A story of Santa-Claus, Dragons, and Faeries. Everyone has a Land of Make-Believe; a place to escape to when the lights go out; a place of wonderment, beauty, and sometimes fear. To some, it is Wonderland. To others, it may be NeverNeverLand, the Underworld, Fantasia or somewhere over the Rainbow... But to all, it is a land far, far away. Nascentia is none, and yet all of these. It is constantly changing. Old stories die, while others love on, and more yet are born."

In the world of Nascentia, readers will discover their imaginary friends, get courage and help from their favorite heroes, and meet new characters a long the way! David J. Eden has taken myths and legends and stories from all over the world and woven them into an intricate masterpiece that will not disappoint it's readers.

Author of "Mirage", the first book in "The Nascentian Chronicles", David J. Eden is from the diversly beautiful city Vancouver, B.C. He has always had a vivid imagination and a powerful ability to bring his unique characters to life. David studied animation at Vancouver Film and has worked at many reputable and well respected companies such as Electronic Arts Canada. "

Thanks for your time in reading! Glad to be a part of this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nascentia.net
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: New to the Author World   New to the Author World EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:57 am

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: New to the Author World   New to the Author World EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:30 am

Hi Dave,

New to the Author World 591890 New to the Author World 591890 New to the Author World 591890 WELCOME! New to the Author World 591890 New to the Author World 591890 New to the Author World 591890
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: New to the Author World   New to the Author World EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:17 pm

Welcome Dave. Jump right in.
Back to top Go down
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New to the Author World   New to the Author World EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:04 pm

Welcome Dave!
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the Author World   New to the Author World Empty

Back to top Go down

New to the Author World
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Welcome-
Jump to: