Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

You are a Writer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

You are a Writer Empty
PostSubject: You are a Writer   You are a Writer EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Malcolm Campbell, an old friend from this site, put me on to Mark David Gerson's The Voice of the Muse, a very helpful book and concept. I also have the CD Companion to the book. This video is based on one of the meditations in it.

I strongly encourage you guys to give it a try:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

You are a Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: You are a Writer   You are a Writer EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 8:37 pm

12/2/2012

Ann..

That was really beautiful ! Many times when I walk round my

compound, camera around my neck. I'll sit quietly at one of the

gazebos, just listening to the wind, listening to the Sparrows or

watching the crows, or if I'm lucky I'll see our local visitor the

Roadrunner. It amazes me the quiet, just drinking in nature, as

I usually start thinking isn't it nice to shut out the world at least

for a few minutes........

Cheers.Joe...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

You are a Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: You are a Writer   You are a Writer EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:08 am

Photography is "writing," too, Joe. Your pictures tell stories, just as your books do.

I ran across this site a while back after searching for a statement made by Joseph Campbell. You might find it interesting.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
As an artist, I am continuously awed by the exquisite beauty and wonder of creation and its profound implications regarding man's capacity for transcendence..... Since the beginning of his existence, man has expressed and explored issues of "Soul" in the form of stories and myths which offer clues to the spiritual potentialities of human life. Through the telling and retelling of myths, we evoke their power in our own lives. As a storyteller, images serve as a powerful medium for the exploration and telling of myths and are an important tool in the continuing exploration of man's very nature.
------------------------------
As a fine art photographer I am interested in making the work of the soul more visible and real, enriching our everyday lives. It is in these moments when our soul speaks to us in a quiet, perhaps even a silent voice - wielding great power and influence at both a conscious and unconscious level.
A primary role of art is to provide clarity and insight into issues of soul as inherent elements of man's role in God's Creation. As awareness and consciousness increases, so does the clarity with which we are able to perceive the exquisite beauty and wholeness of God's Creation. Ultimately, art acts as both a mirror and a lens that gives presence and visibility to that which previously was unseen, unknown and not understood, often residing in the underground of the conscious.
------------------------------
Photography is a universal language and its truths are accessible to all who view an image regardless of culture, nationality, age, language or status in life. The camera is a tool that crosses cultures, breaks boundaries and grants access and connections that are not available through any other means. Dennis W. Felty, photographer, North Star Gallery
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Sponsored content

You are a Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: You are a Writer   You are a Writer Empty

Back to top Go down

You are a Writer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Information-
Jump to: