Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Starting a new blog

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Starting a new blog Empty
PostSubject: Starting a new blog   Starting a new blog EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 4:29 pm

I'm working on a new blog, published through WordPress, at this site.

For now, as I learn to use the program, I am focusing on re-posting some of my earlier blogs from various places, like the most recently posted one, which I wrote for my examiner/com site, "From Either/or to Both/and," which addresses our current dilemma of being forced to choose between extremes instead of being able to focus on a more moderate position which can be found at the center between the extremes.

If you look at the upper right-hand column of the home page, you will find a link to my main website, which I am also working on updating. If you click on that link, you should be taken to my website. I have added a button, easily visible near the top, which will direct you to a page where free PDF files of the individual stories from Redstone Stories can be downloaded.

If you go to the "My Books" page on the blog site, you will find descriptions of my currently available books, and links to the pages where they can be downloaded or purchased.

I am hoping to use these changes as an aid to marketing my existing books and creating an anticipation for those that are still in progress, as well as writing more blogs about the philosophy behind my fictional works - another way, I hope, to generate interest and increase sales. Any advice you might have would be appreciated, especially at this formative stage.

The format is probably temporary. I'm looking for something more directly related to the books themselves. Again, I welcome any and all advice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new blog   Starting a new blog EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 5:39 pm

I didn't know you wrote for the Examiner.com How long?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new blog   Starting a new blog EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 5:45 pm

I signed up a couple of years ago, specializing in Comparative Mythology, but haven't used it much. They liked my writing style, but wanted me to focus on the "comparative mythology" of San Antonio, since that was the city I represented. They have me listed under spirituality and religion. It was as close as they could come.

Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new blog   Starting a new blog EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:12 am

I've been there quite a while but they send me emails telling me they will dump me unless I write another story - at least one every two weeks seems to be their standard bottom. I have two: St. Petersberg Retirement Living and Ft. Myers Retirement Living. I liked it when they scored the writing bits because I worked at meeting the style they approved, and it was like going to school. They have dropped that part. They still send the emails telling me to write more....
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new blog   Starting a new blog EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:13 am

Me, too, DK, but I don't think there is a long line of comparative mythologists here in SA waiting for the position to open.

Back to the OP topic.

I'm thinking that I ought to use the website as a place to promote my books and make mythology and reflections the main focus of the blog site, with links between them.

I've made a few tweaks to the website, but am wondering if I don't need to make broader changes so that it's just a site for books.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new blog   Starting a new blog Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting a new blog
Page 1 of 1