Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer

Go down 
+3
Don Stephens
KatjaB
JoyceH
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JoyceH

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-10-16

A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer Empty
PostSubject: A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer   A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi, everybody, I'm Joyce. I've written two mysteries, Died On The Vine and Bidding On Death, both part of the Passatonnack Winery series. I've self-published them as ebooks on Smashwords and Amazon. (Can I provide links?) So far the books have sold quite well on Barnes and Noble, and very slowly on Amazon - I'm baffled. Anyone want to chime in with some marketing-to-Amazon advice?
Back to top Go down
KatjaB
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KatjaB

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-08-27

PostSubject: Re: A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer   A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Hiya Joyce and welcome to the forum Smile

Huggles,
Katja
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer   A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:12 pm

A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer 591890 A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer 591890 A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer 591890 WELCOME! A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer 591890 A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer 591890 A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer 591890
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer   A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi and welcome. I have the opposite. I seldom sell on B&N and often on Amazon. There may be a price difference? Also, where do you direct people in your signatures and social networking?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
JoyceH

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-10-16

PostSubject: Re: A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer   A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:35 pm

No, the books are the same price on every platform. And now when I promote my book, I always link to Amazon, because Amazon has become my great white whale of an obsession.

I think the answer lies somewhere in the esoteric depths of the Also-Bought Algorithms. My first book was just inching along everywhere in the spring, and then all of a sudden, it sold 1400 copies on Barnes and Noble in April. At the time, it was a front-page Also Bought for a book that was in the top 20, so I think that's what did it. But since then, it's stayed fairly high in the rankings (a heck of a lot higher than on Amazon!), and has had some coattails for the second book.

It just seems harder to get your book to Also Bought on Amazon. The books have also-boughts listed in the writeup, but very few of those also-boughts return the favor; IOW, when I click on an also-bought on my book's page, that book doesn't list MY book as also-bought.

I think there's some threshold of number of sales in a certain amount of time that would give my stuff higher vis in the Also Boughts, but what that threshold is... who knows?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer   A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Hi Joyce,

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer   A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:35 pm

Hey Joyce,

Others here can give you much better advice than I. For me, Smashwords and B&N have not worked very well. In fact, I pulled my books from both platforms. Amazon works better for me, but I do no advertising or promotion other than an occasional free book or two on LibraryThing and Goodreads. And only one of my three self published books has had reasonably consistent sales every month.

Last edited by Victor D. Lopez on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
tensejim
One Star Member
One Star Member
tensejim

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-12-13

PostSubject: Re: A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer   A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:49 am

Hi Joyce! That is really odd, I have my book "Gifted" published on Amazon and BN. I have only sold 6 copies so far on Amazon (published last week) which is no real accomplishment since half of those are probably friends. But BN has done ZIP, nada, zero, nothing, it's a bottomless pit of no sells hehe. I am focusing on Amazon because I like the promo option they have. Also, I look at amazon like Walmart. One stop shop. I, as a customer, like to put things in my cart and when I get to the free shipping...click.

Anyway, A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer 931984 on writing two books!! I have started my second book, it will be a trilogy, I have the synopsis in my head already so most of it will be creating more character depth left out on the first book and maybe even dabble in some romance hehe.
Back to top Go down
http://giftedbook.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer   A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer Empty

Back to top Go down

A Cozy Hello from a cozy writer
Page 1 of 1