Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10720
Registration date : 2008-01-26

New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene   New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 12:00 am

Al, I doubt that you have ever seen an actual portrait of Jesus or any of the Biblical prophets, however I do like the way you think.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene   New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 10:00 pm

Everything about Jesus was written within thirty years of his death. What was written was written by those who knew him. Thousands had seen the wonders he had done. They could read these writings, and say, “Yes I was there, I saw, or no, that’s not true, etc.

There is not much recorded about Jesus early life because it had no importance as to why he was here.In Jesus day, thirty was the age of adult hood. He was baptized at thirty, and his ministry started at the age of thirty.As to his being married; that would have defeated the purpose he was here. Jesus was not known to have written anything. But say he did…the few short words, “My wife,” could refer to anything? In Genesis 3:15, Jesus is referred to as, “The women, and He.” In the Bible he is also called, “The Word, he Second Adam. The First Born, The Lamb…etc. There are many who do not believe in God, or his son Jesus. I have no problem with that. Imust confess my confusion as to why these spend so many year trying to disprove God, and his son Jesus? Does it help strengthen their many theories? It sounds akin to politicians talking bad about each other in the hope of making their self look better.

It is always demanded of Christians to prove everything they believe. Well I think that has been done to the point of boredom. If you say there is no God, or Jesus had a wife, or whatever comes out of your mouth…prove what you say. If you can’t prove it, it’s nothing more than mud slinging.
Back to top Go down
KatjaB
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KatjaB

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-08-27

PostSubject: Re: New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene   New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 am

Hmmm... how could I have missed an interesting convo such as this one? Well, let me chime in.

Before I begin, remember that I am European, German to be exact, which makes a difference, because most Germans do not put their religious beliefs out there like that, and we do not invoke any church during our election (lol).

Now, another bit about my background. My father is catholic and my mother is protestant. Back when they were married... that was considered a "mixed-marriage." They decided not to "enroll" me into any kind of church when I was born, but figured that I would make up my own mind when I am of age. Well, at 42, and still not of age...lol.. and I still have not committed to any one religion.

Now, in regard to sex, my views are very European. After all, since the beginning of time, folks have engaged in sex. Yes, even "our" grandma(s) and grandpa(s), parents etc, because otherwise none of us would be around.

So, with all of this being said, the thought that Jesus may have been married or had sex, does not offend me in the least. In my view, it does not add to his "status," nor does it take away from it. It is simply a part of the natural, a part of "being." I am not even considering the point that Jewish men at age 30 were expected to be married, maybe he was- maybe he wasn't - who knows?

As to DKs

post, I have seen a lot of people mixing politics with religion, and I have made it a point not to engage in arguments with them about that. There is no way that these arguments will have a fruitful outcome, because it is impossible for those arguments to even stay on subject. How can they? If you are trying to talk about a potential candidates political platform, and suddenly someone throws Jesus or God in there, the political platform is out the window. I normally end those really quick, with a smirk and a shake of my head. Next, I ask how their dog or kids are doing or what they are having for dinner... because generally (sorry) that is the intellectual category that (in my book) they have just slipped in.

I am not sure if I am an atheist in the the true sense. I would like to believe that there is something greater out there, some kind of purpose, but I am not going to speculate on what that might be.

Generally, I belief in "live and let live." Wether that is abortion, homosexual marriage, multiple marriages, not marrying at all, etc. After all, who am I to judge?

Looking forward to replies,
huggles,
Katja
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene   New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Katja,
it gets confusing doesn't it? I think most want something to believe in that provides them with a sense of well-being. I attend the German church in our village when the choir sings since I am a member of the choir. When the choir sings half of the congregation is the choir.
What I like about the German church is that there is no offering plate passed around and no one making an appeal for money. I remember my youth and the money factor. Sometimes when they didn't get enough, they would pass he plate around a second time. One is supposed to give until it hurts. I think they missed the part about the "cheerful giver".

If/when I give, I don't want anyone to know the amount. I don't want a receipt.

As for faith, it is much discussed theme. What to believe should have no bearing on any dogma. I believe our instincts - our subconscious leads us in the right direction. Being told what to think or believe is where I draw the line. Certainly I have beliefs and have shared them in the past. DK's stance on religion is very close to mine.
Enough said.
Back to top Go down
KatjaB
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KatjaB

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-08-27

PostSubject: Re: New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene   New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:42 pm

@Abe

The reason why they do not have to pass the collection plate around in Germany is because there is a church tax.

I know it sounds funny, since I have talked about nobody during an election mentioning their faith, but yes, there is a Churchtax in Germany. Everybody pays it, unless they leave the church all together.

I am actually curious about how that works for you over there. Normally, it comes straight out of your paycheck. The tax, guarantees you the services of the church, mass, communion for some, a pastor at the funeral and so forth.

Looking forward to you reply,
huggles,
Katja
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene   New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:51 pm

I've really liked the concept of a sacred marriage between a "god" and "goddess" ever since I first heard of it, several years ago.

The biggest problem with the Church, I think, has been its patriarchal hierarchy and perspective.

It has led to so many of the evils in society, this devaluation of the feminine. Celibate male priests and "sexual sin" were major components of the religion that developed out of the Roman Empire and carried on its violent, imperialist agenda.

On a local community scale, it has often given some men the idea that it was their right and privilege to dominate women, even to the point of abuse and harassment.

It doesn't matter if Jesus and Mary Magdalene were literally married or not. What is important today is the rising belief in a balanced divine symbol, where the masculine and feminine elements are joined.

The fact that the idea is becoming more acceptable and even popular is a sign that our "masks of God" are changing as we move into this postmodern worldview.

We have always made God in our image, rather than the other way around.

The problem has never been what God has done to man so much as what man has done to God.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene   New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 5:03 am

[quote="KatjaB"]@Abe

The reason why they do not have to pass the collection plate around in Germany is because there is a church tax.

I know it sounds funny, since I have talked about nobody during an election mentioning their faith, but yes, there is a Churchtax in Germany. Everybody pays it, unless they leave the church all together.

I am actually curious about how that works for you over there. Normally, it comes straight out of your paycheck. The tax, guarantees you the services of the church, mass, communion for some, a pastor at the funeral and so forth.

Looking forward to you reply,
huggles,
Katja[/quote

Church tax in Germanh is an elective. It comes automatically out of your pay unless you cancel it. When I was employed in Germany, I elected not to pay the church tax. Having said that, if I were a regular church goer, I would have gladly paid it rather than the offering plate. As you know, the salaries for the Priests/Pastors are not paid directly by the local church congregation, but by the Church's governing body connected with the State.

When I was visiting my brother in Florida, I accompanied him to church on Sunday. Part of the sermon was devoted to the payment of tithes. The Preacher said, "Whey you need help, who do you think I will visit? I will first go to those who pay their tithes." That did it for me. Money is the key. In this respect, having a church tax is much the same as tithing. If you participate in a church, you are expected to pay. The larger the American congregation, the more the Pastor makes. He can then afford the big car and other luxuries. The TV Evangelists get their own private Jet.
Have you ever seen a Pastor arrive at church riding a donkey? If they did, I would be inclined to support their tax-free status.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene   New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:21 am

Amen! No one ever mentions in the media the prospect of taxing tax-exempt organizations. It is logical to me. Are they afraid the devil will strike them down? No organization should be tax free - none! I do not understand the logic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene   New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:27 am

I believe in God, and his written word...I also believe religions are from Satan, not God.

Gods says, "You receive the word free, give it freely." These religions are selling Gods word, and they can't even get it stright.

If it was up to me I would take everything away from them. The land they own in the USA would pay off the National Debt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene   New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New evidence supports marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Society :: Religion and Spirituality-
Jump to: