Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Whipping up a book trailer

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
albrechtcm

albrechtcm

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Whipping up a book trailer Empty
PostSubject: Whipping up a book trailer   Whipping up a book trailer EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:32 pm

For some time I've been hearing about book trailers, but was too intimidated to consider creating one. I was going to ask Steven Spielberg for help but he doesn't answer my calls. Besides I think I've been calling the wrong number and the woman with the sexy voice wants my credit card info before continuing.
Okay, I decided to do it on my own.
First I wrote up an outline, something like a book blurb, sequencing it. Then I went on the web and checked sites like Google and Bing. They have an almost infinite amount of free images you can borrow. I searched around until I found some I thought appropriate. I avoided any with real human faces on them. Then with Microsoft Movie Maker (if you don't have it, you can download it free at Microsoft), you can begin to create your trailer.
It's slow and painful at first, getting used to the way things work, but eventually I came up with a little trailer I liked. I combine titles, pictures, pictures with captions on them, the cover, etc. and end with info about the book, etc. It's good to keep it under three minutes, because later, when you think you've got it, you can upload it on You Tube and add free music from a huge collection of free music but I don't think any runs over three minutes.
Once you get all that done, you can utilize a share button to copy a code to place your trailer on nearly any old site you want to. I'm really pleased. Here below you can check one of the three I've posted. Pretty cheap advertising. Whipping up a book trailer 354181

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.cm-albrecht.webs.com
KatjaB
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KatjaB

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Whipping up a book trailer   Whipping up a book trailer EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 4:17 pm

lol.... Albrecht... I like it
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Whipping up a book trailer   Whipping up a book trailer EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 5:27 pm

I loved it - except it's too long....music is great and the clips are fun to watch. Clever, catchy and makes a person want to read the book. Just long....
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
albrechtcm

albrechtcm

PostSubject: Re: Whipping up a book trailer   Whipping up a book trailer EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:32 am

Yes, in my opinion some sections are too long, but so far I haven't mastered the art of shortening and/or lengthening frame durations. One of these days... rabbit
Back to top Go down
paul.griffiths.7543
One Star Member
One Star Member
paul.griffiths.7543

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Whipping up a book trailer   Whipping up a book trailer EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 8:03 am

I find your sense of humour brilliant, I think you should be on stage .....................................................Sweeping up Whipping up a book trailer 343621

Some good stuff but agree too long but hey 10 out of 10 from me, im your number 1 fan Whipping up a book trailer 986243
Back to top Go down
albrechtcm

albrechtcm

PostSubject: Re: Whipping up a book trailer   Whipping up a book trailer EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 8:24 am

I tried that, but the pay...nearly as bad as writing.
Back to top Go down
bruno.logreco
One Star Member
One Star Member
bruno.logreco

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Whipping up a book trailer   Whipping up a book trailer EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Nice one! I like it, its clever and tells me about the book. But I agree with Christi, it's too long.

I created my own book trailer, too. It's not difficult to create one, you just need to get acclimated with the tool of choice. After you know your way around it its a breeze.

As for soundtracks, I use [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to procure a license.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stopsabotagingyourlife.brunologreco.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whipping up a book trailer   Whipping up a book trailer Empty

Back to top Go down

Whipping up a book trailer
Page 1 of 1