Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

OBAMA'S SPEECH

Go down 
+2
Abe F. March
joefrank
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:03 pm

9/6/2012

I heard and then I read the text of Pres. Obama's speech..

....                             OBAMA'S SPEECH 973110 .............                             OBAMA'S SPEECH 354181 ........                             OBAMA'S SPEECH 765642

Cheers..Joe....                             OBAMA'S SPEECH 748523
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 2:16 am

I saw the highlights and it sounded good. Not a lot of promises, but reachable goals. Compared to the RNC, the DNC went smoothly. Just think, no one gave a speech to an empty chair. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 6:33 am

Just an awkward moment at the 2nd day opening when Ted Strickland seemed to fudge a bit over the voice vote. Very Happy

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 2:27 pm

I loved it and the entire convention.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 2:44 pm

Now, everyone needs to get out the vote to make up for the Republicans trying to limit it.

Returning President Obama is major; but his job would be a lot easier with a few less Republicans in Congress.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 5:18 pm

Amen!

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 5:40 pm

I remember when civil rights was a movement. When the black peope could not be served in the little diner in Casa Grande, Arizona ..the drunks could. People of color could not drink from the same fountain anywhere... go to the same bathroom as the lily white Christians, not so lily.

In Kingman Arizona, a large billboard announced " THIS IS A WHITE AMERICAN COMMUNITY...then the job corp came to town. Very Happy God bless Jack Kennedy.

Times have changed.

I would not like to go back to thoses time again.

Now it is the Mexican worker that is the scape goat. Perhaps no one notices how things get done in the agricultural community. Two days ago, I went to town. This day I drove the same road to the little store. 100 acres of land was planted and posted with tomatoes. All that work was done in one day by 30 Mexican workers. If anyone can improve on that type of manual output, let them come forth.

I get tired of the complaints about the Mexican imigrants. More of Al Queida come across the Canadian border every day and not given notice than the Mexican labor force....and it is a force that we Americans cannot do without unless we want to do the labor our self. I think that might be a good idea! It damned sure would shut people up. They would not have the energy to complain.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 5:55 pm

I heard today that more Asian immigrants are now entering the country than Mexican, because our workers are not trained sufficiently in technology areas in which the Asians concentrated their education.

I remember when LC and I had our disagreements regarding Mexican immigrants. I said they would not come if we had invited them to work here. Well, the invitations ended and so did the stream of Mexicans.

We are now having difficulty in agriculture and it may cost us the industry because only the Mexicans worked hard enough at low enough pay to keep it going. Likely all our truck crops will be imported in the future. Stupid, hateful people that caused so much trouble to Mexicans. We will all suffer as a result.

Let's see, Governor Romney said the laws in Arizona (I think) should be a model for the nation.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Betty Fasig wrote:
I remember when civil rights was a movement. When the black peope could not be served in the little diner in Casa Grande, Arizona ..the drunks could. People of color could not drink from the same fountain anywhere... go to the same bathroom as the lily white Christians, not so lily.

In Kingman Arizona, a large billboard announced " THIS IS A WHITE AMERICAN COMMUNITY...then the job corp came to town. Very Happy God bless Jack Kennedy.

Times have changed.

I would not like to go back to thoses time again.

Now it is the Mexican worker that is the scape goat. Perhaps no one notices how things get done in the agricultural community. Two days ago, I went to town. This day I drove the same road to the little store. 100 acres of land was planted and posted with tomatoes. All that work was done in one day by 30 Mexican workers. If anyone can improve on that type of manual output, let them come forth.

I get tired of the complaints about the Mexican imigrants. More of Al Queida come across the Canadian border every day and not given notice than the Mexican labor force....and it is a force that we Americans cannot do without unless we want to do the labor our self. I think that might be a good idea! It damned sure would shut people up. They would not have the energy to complain.

Love,

Betty

I remember wondering what color the colored water was, and why my parents were so mean as to make me drink the plain white water.

Annie
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 6:11 pm

It is my humble opinion that Mitt is a bonifide puppet. You do not see the string attached to that lower mandible, but it is there, cleverly hidden by a bankers gossemer thread. If you watch closely when he speaks, his eyes go back and forth.

I am surprised that he does not have to sit on some one's lap and have someone's arm up his behind. Snort!

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 6:23 pm

Dear Annie,

When one looks back through the progress of the few years it has been from then until now, how sad it would be to go back there.

Mrs. Snow, who owned that diner, instructed me to go tell a black couple and their child that they could not be served there.

I could not do it.

She went her own self and I watched the people leave. She came back and said, "it is the law."

I think that was the moment that I became a "hippy" and vociferous about injustice. My little voice comes out in my stories. So many people pound the podium, but I have naver been a speaker. I hope that the Tales of Wooffer's Woods say what I cannot.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Al could use him and have a really great show:)
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 7:03 pm

I never experienced that stuff because I grew up in the north. However, one year I spent a week in Miami Beach with a Jewish couple. They said when they first moved there, they went to a hotel and it had a sign at the desk "Dogs welcome; no Jews." They experienced other problems too. Later, there were so many Jewish retirees that things changed; they created their own neighborhoods, stores, etc.

This is a terrible election. People are voting against President Obama and for...place holders who have no business being in the White House. They were just available when no one qualified would come forward to run against the existing President. You see, for all the terrible things the Republicans have said, they know that things are better and President Obama could win. The best Republicans don't want to waste their chances running against him. For Romney, it's just entertainment. What else does he have to do? Once in office, he will be controlled by Grover Norquist and the lobbyists, so who he is won't matter a whit. Adding Ryan destroyed any hope that he might go back to his more moderate roots.

So the republicans are counting on hate, bias, prejudice and lies and religious dogma to get them back into the white house; and it appears there is enough to go around when you hear what goes on in state legislatures. It's frightening to think of all the hard won freedoms that are in jeopardy, particularly regarding healthcare and women's health in particular. Yet, women may vote against themselves, their health and the future of their daughters because a man told them it is the Christian choice.

I am totally unfriended by my relatives except for a couple. They all believe that as Christians they are commanded to vote for the patriotic, Christian party, the Republicans.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 8:59 pm

DK, I am so sorry and very much appreciate your support on Facebook. People are scary.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 9:41 pm

9/8/2012

DK...

Prejuidice was going on in the North, I saw this

for myself 1959,1960, 1961, 1962, 1963 etc. even a black

person was prejuidice if a black person was married to a white

person,they would say to the black person with the white child:

" What's the matter you can't marry your own kind, too good

for you !" I was that white child, the black man was my step-

father. I saw the hurt look in his eyes but he stood up for

himself, so you see even in Brooklyn NY dates listed above

their was prejuidice....

Cheers.Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 10:55 pm

Betty and DK. Your thoughts about society is in my view, right on target. Experiences cannot easily be erased. It is not what we are told or read, but what we feel, what we lived-through that form our opinions. We all have them. Sometimes it is difficult to explain our views since it would take much background information to fully explain and we know people don't want to listen. They want a short and fast version that is often misleading.

There are times when I wonder why I bother to respond to a comment. Who am I to be believed? Then I think that by keeping quiet I am condoning what was said. Trying to be too polite or politically correct can be defeating. Sometimes the shock treatement gets the attention needed that may cause one to think.

We all have prejudices whether we will admit it or not. I find the word, "prejudice" interesting. Many associate it just with the negativity associated with race and religion, yet prejudice has a positive side.

For example, I have prejudices against inequality and intolerance. I often visualize an old fashioned weight scale as in the "Scales of Justice". Too much on one side tips the scales. To get it toward a balance, we must put more weight on the other side of the scale always seeking a balance. When the Scales are tipped to the extreme right, as with this election, placing weight on the left side will help to bring balance. This is just my thinking.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 7:38 am

I was careful in my responses when I was working in the public/private sector because I walked a fine line between conservatives and liberals in my work. I would only add to your comments, Abe, that while our experiences shape our basic values and beliefs, we can add to those experiences an open mind, the ability to weighnew information and the refusal to believe in our own perfect thoughts.

No matter where our political persuasion lies, the world will never be yesterday's memories, washed of their negatives and elevated in our thoughts. I often fantasized about the world of Pride and Prejudice when a pretty girl only needed the help of her mother to be courted by a wealthy gentleman and have her life laid out for her. Imagine if I were catapulted into that time! First, I would find it a time of filth and pestilence and smells I could not stand. Of course, the total disregard for women as no more than sex objects and brood mares would make my life miserable. However, that is because I would be going back with today's experiences in my head.

Some people today are still living yesterday's experiences. They have not grown with the changing world and cling to dogma and beliefs that are no longer workable in the modern existence. While a few religious sects have maintained their isolation from the world to a large degree, even they are gradually integrating.

I remember a training film I used to use that included a space ship landing in the yard and the question posed: What would you do? Would you hide in fear? Would you call 911? Would you run to it with excitement and welcome? Would you look for someone to go with you or would you go alone?

There were many more questions; most people would call 911! If that space ship landed in 1891, there would be no 911.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:12 am

DK, as usual, a well thought out response. Times do change and with new times so do the way we see things. Having said that, there are some things that time will not change and those are the things we experienced. How we relate those experiences in today's world is not an easy matter. Even how we remember the things of the past may have faded and what we thought was good was bad and vice-versa.
I enjoy reminiscing about the things that shaped my future. Would I do things differently based on what I know today? Of course. But then I wouldn't be who I am today - good or bad.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:05 am

What Abe said.

In retrospect, some of the times that seemed the most unbearable have given me the greatest opportunities to grow and change.

Ann
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:13 am

We have to face the reality that Romney may win. People believe lies if they are repeated often enough and and there are a lot floating around there now,

My conservative friends are totally blind to the changes in the Republican party and paint Obama as a devil in disguise.

I am worried--I hate to see regressions.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 8:14 pm

You must know the same people I do. You should see the hate mail they send me on the Internet of President Obama's subversive intentions and connections to nefarious people. It's horrid, disrespectful and unbefitting those who profess Christianity loudly.

If Romney wins, I may leave the country and find a new place to live, perhaps back to Panama. There, in a barely developed country, they have decent, universal health care and wonderful perks for seniors. Their elections leave a bit to be desired, but they have lots of candidates, anyway.

The greatest losses to the nation with Romney/Ryan are the Affordable Care Act and all the benefits already begun, the loss of women's freedoms to choose their health care decisions, the loss of voting rights, the loss of services to those needing it most, particularly children, loss of investments in roads, bridges and schools, and more and detrimental changes to medicare and social security which have been promised. It will be a disaster for more than are already suffering now. The only winners will be the corporations and Wall Street tycoons, free to continue investing abroad and adding to their collections of villas and exotic automobiles.

I don't know what to do. I have waged a fact campaign on Facebook, but it only touches a few and they don't want to believe the truth and are glued instead to the Limbaugh's and his ilk.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:04 pm

DK. I think I understand your feelings. In the end, we must do what is best for ourselves and our family. It is tough to say goodbye to family and friends and start a new life, however sometimes it is the only way to survive. Living with dignity is important. I can't imagine being in a situation where I am dependent on my children or the state to support me. Having said that, my children are ready to help if/when asked.

Having experienced a place to live where healthcare is affordable and available to everyone makes it difficult to comprehend how one can survive without it. The Health Care Insurers where I live are financially sound. Costs are controlled.
Just this week I sent a letter of appreciation to our family Doctor whose team have served us over the years. We are both alive due to their efforts. My heart problem was diagnosed during a routine physical exam. My wife's breast cancer was detected early. Her operation was successful and the follow-up was handled efficiently. Never a question about "who pays?". You get the best treatment from the best facility that specializes in the treatment/operation required.

I'm thankful for each day and for the choices we have made. There are programs that work. It is not necessary to invent a new program and go the trial and error route.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH                                OBAMA'S SPEECH Empty

Back to top Go down

OBAMA'S SPEECH
Page 1 of 1