Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Hiya All and Thanks for Having me

Go down 
+3
Shelagh
Abe F. March
KatjaB
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KatjaB
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KatjaB

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-08-27

Hiya All and Thanks for Having me Empty
PostSubject: Hiya All and Thanks for Having me   Hiya All and Thanks for Having me EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:20 am

Hiya All,

it is pretty late or early here, however you want to look at it, but I did not want to leave without giving a quick "hello" and "thanks for having me."

While clicking and clacking around on FB, I stumbled across this forum and found some of the posts very interesting. I have been writing for myself and friends for a long time, but have never considered publishing anything. I have also never submitted any of my work...lol... other than to the Copyright Agency, but who knows, this forum may just inspire me to submit or publish some of my work.

I love reading and I have recognized some of the folks in the forums from the Kindle/ Amazon and Nook pages. If you have a free book out there, chances are I have downloaded it and it is sitting in line on one of my readers. So, while this "bookworm" may not bring a lot of experience to the site when it comes to publishing, I am always interested in a "read."

My bed is screaming for me so loud that I can hardly hear myself think and this may be a great time to end my introduction.

Thanks again for having me and best of luck to you all,

Katja
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Hiya All and Thanks for Having me   Hiya All and Thanks for Having me EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:56 am

Welcome Katja.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Hiya All and Thanks for Having me   Hiya All and Thanks for Having me EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:02 am

Hi Katya,

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
DMPierson
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
DMPierson

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2012-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Hiya All and Thanks for Having me   Hiya All and Thanks for Having me EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:47 am

Welcome, glad you found this place, and hope we can all learn something from each other.
Back to top Go down
KatjaB
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KatjaB

PostSubject: Re: Hiya All and Thanks for Having me   Hiya All and Thanks for Having me EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:48 am

Thank you for the welcome
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Hiya All and Thanks for Having me   Hiya All and Thanks for Having me EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:42 am

Hiya All and Thanks for Having me 591890 Hiya All and Thanks for Having me 591890 Hiya All and Thanks for Having me 591890 WELCOME! Hiya All and Thanks for Having me 591890 Hiya All and Thanks for Having me 591890 Hiya All and Thanks for Having me 591890
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Hiya All and Thanks for Having me   Hiya All and Thanks for Having me EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:17 pm

Many on this forum look for people to review their books. An avid reader is always welcome. In fact, there is a post now looking for a reader.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
KatjaB
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KatjaB

PostSubject: Re: Hiya All and Thanks for Having me   Hiya All and Thanks for Having me EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 4:08 pm

Hiya D.K. and thanks for the welcome.
I have already snagged one of the "read my book" posts. If I see a title, I look it up on Nook and Kindle, if my membership covers it it goes on the reader.
As far as the reader crowd goes, I never buy a book from an author that I have not read a book from before--> unless one of my buddies has read it and suggests it. Once I read a book from an author and I liked it, I do not mind paying for the next one.
When I first got my readers, I downloaded and paid for books, but some of the books were really disapointing. I suppose I measure a book by how I write and how much time I put into my editing.
Back to top Go down
Duncan Pile
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Duncan Pile

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hiya All and Thanks for Having me   Hiya All and Thanks for Having me EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi Katja Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hiya All and Thanks for Having me   Hiya All and Thanks for Having me Empty

Back to top Go down

Hiya All and Thanks for Having me
Page 1 of 1