Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Ideas that never made me rich but should have.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Ideas that never made me rich but should have. Empty
PostSubject: Ideas that never made me rich but should have.   Ideas that never made me rich but should have. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 2:32 pm

I have had some brainstorms. I need the money. Perhaps you have too. What were they?

Idea one: The My Grannie Doll. Take a Barbie, do some frizzing and greying to the hair, (make it really curly and short and greyish) put a few (not many) wrinkles on the face, arms, legs and let the belly buldge a little and the behind sag a tad. Put a lovely smile on her face. Let her be purchased with all kind of clothes and equipment and for the fantacy....she can take the grandchild on adventures! Trecks over the wilderness of America, into the Outback, all the National Parks (get extra funds for that). She can come with the optional Grandpa, RV, maps, recipes for camping......

Idea two:How To Imagine. How to imagine yourself camping in a lively forest of elves. How to imagine yourself as a young person in the Wild West. How to imagine yourself on the moon.

What have some of your ideas been?

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Ideas that never made me rich but should have.   Ideas that never made me rich but should have. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:29 pm

I thought computers should have changeable covers - that did happen; they were called skins but didn't seem to catch on - so I wouldn't have made much on that one.

Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: Ideas that never made me rich but should have.   Ideas that never made me rich but should have. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:30 pm

My best yet.

Cacklin's

Deep fried chicken skin seasoned with (your choice) taco, chili, ranch, vinegar and salt, or fried chicken flavor. What do you think?

Up the road, a little store sells Squawkin's Chicken......deep fried, of course. They also sell all kinds of pork rinds (i.e. skin of pig, and cracklin's, which is just the fat layer deep fried to rending crisp.

I say, what the hell! Chicken skin is just as viable as pork with a lot less fat!

Think of all that chicken skin going into dog food and making dogs sick with the unrendered fat!

One of my better get rich ideas.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: Ideas that never made me rich but should have.   Ideas that never made me rich but should have. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Ahhhh, DK.

Your idea, (like many of mine) unhearalded in this generation! People are so flappy and their minds so gelatious that a beautiful idea does not make a little plop in their brain skin.

Think, Diane, of all the good you have done with your voice. Your voice is powerful. You are an intelligent person who can convey thoughts and put into words what other people think about saying but are too timid to voice. You have a grip of reality that other people can relate to. I hope you know that the words that you put out in your journalistiic career are snapped up by people who have no voice and, even though no one may tell you how they appreciate you giving them a voice, they do. I do. Keep on being you.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Ideas that never made me rich but should have.   Ideas that never made me rich but should have. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Today a kind person of good intentions said some things to me that hurt though he would be heartbroken to know how deeply the words cut. They were honest words, but sometimes knowing the truth and hearing it are two different things. Your kind words helped to take away the sting. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: Ideas that never made me rich but should have.   Ideas that never made me rich but should have. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 5:07 pm

Dear Diane,

I do not consider that you are a person who does not know the truth. Every one has a take on the truth, a concept that they can say is 'their truth' but the truth is so very vaporous. I am sorry you were hurt.

The truth is that there is not one truth in this world. Truth is all relative.

It is so easy to take to heart someone else's verbalization of truth.

I have been in arguments where everyone's idea of truth seemed to outweigh my idea of truth. It was a matter of who was loudest, pushiest and the most non stop verbal. When I went home and looked around me, I was not convinced by their voice. It was just a lot of louder noise.

Your heart and brain are fine. Let (whomever) build his/her own brick yard. You have a fine conception of truth. Never forget it.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Ideas that never made me rich but should have.   Ideas that never made me rich but should have. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:02 pm

What Betty said.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Ideas that never made me rich but should have.   Ideas that never made me rich but should have. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:22 am

A soft bathtub with recessed fixtures so falls would not be such a problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Ideas that never made me rich but should have.   Ideas that never made me rich but should have. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:51 am

7/6/2012

Betty..

Over twenty years ago in NYC I came up with the idea

of selling and mounting Tillandsia Plants on different objects,it

was a disaster, I named the Co., spent $500- dollars, took out

an ad in the paper, what a flop ! Almost got into trouble with the

state over sales tax ..........

Ideas that never made me rich but should have. Il_ful10 Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Ideas that never made me rich but should have.   Ideas that never made me rich but should have. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:28 pm

I think most of us have had ideas that we thought would be a good invention and make money. Putting the ideas into action is the tough part. You can't patent an idea. I've had ideas that I shared with others to get their reaction and later find that they did something with it. Hiring a graphic designer to get it patented costs money and most don't want to do that. If the idea is good and one gets it on the market, even if patented, there are people in the Far East that take the product, make modifications and then they patent it and get it on the market. It's a dog-eat-dog world.
The one big idea I had was in 1976. At that time people were getting obscene phone calls. No one could identify the caller. I wrote a letter to AT&T suggesting they do something so that one could identify the caller. They sent me a letter saying that this idea was already under study and that no claim now or in the future could be made. Whether that is true or not, we know that caller ID did appear and is used to this day.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Ideas that never made me rich but should have.   Ideas that never made me rich but should have. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:55 pm

In the early 1970's there were a bunch of us newly weds and couples that hung out together, planning our flight from the smog and hectic life of Los Angeles by getting rich quick. One of our friends tried really hard. He and my spouse invented faucets that operated with push buttons and tried to sell them; but there was fear that the electricity might give the impression of danger even though it was such a small amount. Of course, it flopped, along with the money (quite a bit) invested. Every once in awhile I'll run across a picture of the prototype in my photo collection.

Next, our friend drove into our driveway with a metal box in the truck bed that was about the size of a telephone booth. "It's a money machine" he said. "I expect that soon there will be one on every corner. I put my Bank Americard (the only credit card besides Diners Club and American Express at the time...) in this slot and money from my bank account comes out of this slot."

The neighbors gathered around and we all had a good laugh. We said someone with a forklift would just drive away with it, cash and all. He had to sell the idea to Bank America and maybe American Express and Diner's Club and we didn't have high hopes. He insisted we were just not forward thinking (he wanted us to invest again - we were too smart this time) and we reminded him of the electric faucet fiasco.

Not long after that, we moved to San Francisco area. I don't know what happened with his money machine, but his prediction was correct and someone made a bundle. I hope it was him; we lost touch over the years.

I enjoy watching The Sharks on Friday night just to see the ideas brought there for potential financing. I admire the dreamers and idea people - they tend to make our lives better. Many of the items sold on television shopping shows are new ideas.

As I told Betty once, there's a web site, Kickstarter.com that has a clever way to seek financing for a new idea or an old one that needs cash. You promise the investors a minimum return or product for their investment if you reach your funding goal. If you don't, you return their original investment. (I think that's how it works.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas that never made me rich but should have.   Ideas that never made me rich but should have. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas that never made me rich but should have.
Page 1 of 1