Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Give the Gift of Christian Poetry

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jjbreunig3
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
jjbreunig3

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Give the Gift of Christian Poetry  Empty
PostSubject: Give the Gift of Christian Poetry    Give the Gift of Christian Poetry  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 5:32 am

Seasons Greetings to everyone!

It's funny how people's eyes have the tendency to glaze over, when bringing up the idea of Christian poetry. I encounter individuals who are determined to prove to me that it has no value; people tend to forget that our beloved Bible contains poetry. Can anyone spell P-S-A-L-M-S ?

From my simple perspective, my book (of Christian poetry) has a dual-fold purpose. For starters, it can be used as an evangellical tool to reach the unsaved with Biblical principles - via the vehicle of poetry. Secondly, it can be an inspirational tool to the Believer.

Most people love or enjoy music; some are even willing to admit that they are fanatical about it. Yet people forget that the lyrics of a song is essentially a poem accompanied by musical instrumentation. So it's definitely strange to me how people can be so adamently set against poetry and adore their music collection. One argument could be that there is so much poorly written poetry; I know, for I read too much of it myself - looking to find something that touches my spirit in a positive way.

I understand the concept of buyer's remorse; that's why I have taken time to post my poetry on the Internet - to give people a glimpse of what I have to offer. Twenty-five of the poems from the book are posted online, in addition to another 50+ poems not from the book. People are surprised by the diversity of topics, the variety in poem structures and vocabulary.

Words have the power to touch people for a lifetime, while toys, clothing and other non-essentials have a limited season of usage. Hopefully, I have given you something to consider. Ask questions, should you feel the need. At the link below, you will find a book review by a New York Times best-selling author, 25 poems and some customer reviews.

-Joe Breunig

Author/poet, Reaching Towards His Unbounded Glory

Learn more about me and my poetry at:
http://www.squidoo.com/book-isbn-1419650513/
Back to top Go down
http://www.squidoo.com/book-isbn-1419650513

Give the Gift of Christian Poetry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Authors and Books :: Poetry-
Jump to: