Hello! I co-host the Blog Talk Radio Show, It's Story Time, Gather 'Round, with author/illustrator J.D. Holiday. Three Saturdays a month at 10AM est, 9AM cst, 8AM mst and 7AM pst. Parents and their children are invited to listen in as we read from story/picture books. Each show a different story and author will be highlighted and their picture book read. The show can be listened to live or at a later time from the archives. We have authors and listeners from England, India, Austraila, and the U.S.
We are currently searching for children's picture/story book authors.
We give the stateside author's the choice of either J.D. or myself to read their book or they can read their own. The show is free for listeners and for the author. All we ask from the author is:
1) Permission to read/have read your book on our show. Also, the show's are archived--meaning it can be listened to at another time and many times over.
2) Book must be a storybook/picture book and be no more or less than 8 to 10 minutes long when read aloud.
3) On the cover page of the show there is a picture slot where five pictures alternate while the show plays. We ask that you grant or get permission (if you are not the illustrator) to use these pictures.
4) We ask that you send a physical copy of the book to us. This is for several reasons: a) our printers don't have the ink capacity for printing out all of the stories we plan to read-we make no money from the show so it will come straight from our tattered, dust bunnied pockets b)even if you read your own story-we still need a copy in case the connection is interrupted so that there will be no 'dead air' c) we plan to use it in giveaways which will benefit you also-some lucky child will win your book and can brag to others who, in turn, will tell their dear ol' mum they want the book too
5) It is a free show, therefore we cannot pay any author or illustrator. What we can do is help get the word out about you and your book through our various media sites and real life. During the week that your book is scheduled to be read, we will advertise on our media sites about the show with your book info.
It's a fun show and the connections and listeners grow bigger with each broadcast so if you are looking for a good/fun way to advertise then we offer it to you free.
Here's the links, check us out:
"It's Story Time, 'Gather Round" http://www.blogtalkradio.com/its-story-time-gather-round
Blog Site http://itsstorytimeforkids.blogspot.com/
Here's a bit about J.D. and myself in case you'd like to check us out first:
~~~~~~Christy Condoleo is the author and illustrator of several children’s books including "Something Greater Than Fear" (with Chris Goguen's illustrations), "Gasgeil’s Bravery", and the chapter book, "Pell Shade and the Mysterious Paper". www.eppyscreations.com
~~~~~JD Holiday is the author and illustrator of two children’s books: "JANOOSE THE GOOSE" and the chapter book, "The Great Snowball Escapade". http://www.thebookgarden.net/
If you find that you would like to have some fun with us, then please message me here. Thanks!!