Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Hi there, friends

Go down 
+3
Shelagh
dkchristi
Etienne
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Etienne

Etienne

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Hi there, friends Empty
PostSubject: Hi there, friends   Hi there, friends EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi, my name's Eric and I've been interested in writing fiction since my teens. An indie author, I'm in the process of rewriting a series of novels for the Kindle.

Published Authors looks like a great site. Many thanks for having me here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Etienne-de-LAmour/222948287724070
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Hi there, friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi there, friends   Hi there, friends EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:20 pm

It is a great site. What are your book titles? Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Etienne

Etienne

Hi there, friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi there, friends   Hi there, friends EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:02 am

Hi D.K. (Have I got that right?). Many thanks for the welcome.

I'm in my 50s and way back in my teens and early adulthood, I sent out several novels to agents and publishers. Looking back, I can see now how atrociously written they were, so it should have come as no great surprise to me to receive so many complimentary slips containing the words "Thanks, but no thanks" and "We regret". At the time, the rejection slips really hurt, though.

As a result of that I pretty much gave up, until around ten years ago I decided that I might as well write some new things and simply put them up on my web site as pdfs and give the things away.

Just recently, however, I decided that I'd have a rewrite, and have a go at selling the books for the Kindle on Amazon. Currently working my way through a series of books and have four of them live on Amazon now, with a fifth in the middle of copyediting:

The Lost Treasure of Roth Nagor
Life on the Flipside (or In Two Minds)
Escape from the Shadowlands
In Search of Destiny
The Lucian Uprising.

Though there are elements from other genres in the individual books, the overall background genre is "mystical/psychological faction". The works are influenced by the writer, thinker and Sufi teacher Idries Shah, and in parts by the likes of Doris Lessing.

Thanks again. With good wishes,
eric.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Hi there, friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi there, friends   Hi there, friends EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:07 am

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Hi there, friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi there, friends   Hi there, friends EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:22 am

Welcome Eric. Your work is appealing.'
Back to top Go down
Etienne

Etienne

Hi there, friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi there, friends   Hi there, friends EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:30 am

Thanks indeed for your kind welcomes. Sorry for the delay in replying: at the moment there aren't enough hours in the day. Smile
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Hi there, friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi there, friends   Hi there, friends EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:36 am

Hi there, friends 591890 Hi there, friends 591890 Hi there, friends 591890 WELCOME Hi there, friends 591890 Hi there, friends 591890 Hi there, friends 591890
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Hi there, friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi there, friends   Hi there, friends EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 10:11 am

Quote :
Hi, my name's Eric and I've been interested in writing fiction since my
teens. An indie author, I'm in the process of rewriting a series of
novels for the Kindle.

"...you're most welcome to here then..." replied the goblin not knowing if they actually had goblins in india, though he wouldn't be a bit surprised if they did, mind you too, what with so much on this forumland differing form its real life counterpart anyway, nothing seemed beyond imagination now, continuing "...look, I really don't want you to put off by admitting that there are writertypes on this forum now, no there are but it's nothing to worry about, promise, you just have to stay calm and imagine what you would do if you ever came across a three toed sloth sitting on your chair slowing typing away at your keyboard, drinking your coffee too, yes that's right, you simply ring up the RSPCW for it's safe removal now, well that's what they're there for I am told...", in fact, the goblin imagined too, that, what with the evident ongoing loss of their natural publishing habitat, three toed sloths, potted plants, and other sorts of writertypes too, would increasingly been seen wandering into forumland now, whereupon the goblin explained "...just it seems more humane to have them neatly tucked away in the wriing section of this forum then actually shooting them outright..."

Hi there, friends Iceagex-topper-medium

Last edited by fleamailman on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

Hi there, friends Empty
PostSubject: Welcome   Hi there, friends EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 10:36 pm

Welcome, Eric!

This is a terrific forum--and a wonderful place to escape briefly from work, even in the wee hours of the morning.

Please post links to your novels once you are able to do so (7 days from your first post, I believe) to make them easier to find. I'd like to know more about them.

Victor
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
Etienne

Etienne

Hi there, friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi there, friends   Hi there, friends EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:47 am

Many thanks, friends. Thankfully the dust is beginning to settle here and I'm just beginning to find some head space again. Smile I look forward to reading more about you and your work, in this forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi there, friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi there, friends   Hi there, friends Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi there, friends
Page 1 of 1