Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Misunderstandings Happen

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Misunderstandings Happen Empty
PostSubject: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:10 am

Life is uneven. We all come to the forum bringing our own insecurities and baggage.
If we don't like something someone says, be glad that is the only problem we have,
It could be worse.

I was not going to stay here, but decided to stay. I love writers. My daughter teaches writing. I wrote two books.

Dick and Lane were wonderful friends.

One thing published authors find quickly is that it is much easier to write, than to publish and sell.

Discouraging? Demoralizing? Hardly.

Why not rechannel your rage by proving me wrong-- write your book, get your publisher, become a best selling author.

In the meantime--A great big thank you to those who maligned me. You have made my life much easier. All I have to do now is come and snarl at everyone and be mean and nasty, you showed me how and I have a reputation to live up to. lol!

Last edited by alice on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:23 am

By the way, not agreeing with me is hardly a crime. I have even been known to change my mind--that is a lady's prerogative.

I don't find carrying a grudge productive either.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Letting go of anger is productive Forgive yourself, forgive others. Life is too short to carry a grudge.

No one is perfect-- and I have never claimed to be.

Last edited by alice on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12621
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Alice, I'm glad you are staying. Life is much better with ups and downs. Who wants to live in a grey world? jocolor

Misunderstandings Happen 81KU-cLOw3L._SX110_ Misunderstandings Happen 41C9GeFDNWL._SX110_ Misunderstandings Happen 41%2BmGkZJdOL._SX110_ Misunderstandings Happen 51eDGllZXhL._SX115_ Misunderstandings Happen 41y7VHKoszL._SX115_ Misunderstandings Happen 51Zs4N4T4eL._SX115_
Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
I shall never be old. It doesn't suit me -- ©️Shelagh Watkins
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Shelagh,

Thank you.
I truly wish the others would stay also.
The more the merrier.
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:35 am

I am always around, never left and no intention of doing so.
Perhaps I get something from this forum that others are not looking for?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:55 am

Everyone is welcome here -- including the "one post" members who post links to their books. Some stay for a day, some for years. I think we should concentrate on those who stay and not worry about those who leave. They are welcome to visit anytime. They can stay or visit for as long as they feel is right for them. New members and old should be treated with respect and not made to feel that they should not be here. EVERYONE is welcome at ALL TIMES.

Misunderstandings Happen 81KU-cLOw3L._SX110_ Misunderstandings Happen 41C9GeFDNWL._SX110_ Misunderstandings Happen 41%2BmGkZJdOL._SX110_ Misunderstandings Happen 51eDGllZXhL._SX115_ Misunderstandings Happen 41y7VHKoszL._SX115_ Misunderstandings Happen 51Zs4N4T4eL._SX115_
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:59 am

Thank you I shall now kick off my shoes and sit here a while!
What's for tea?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 7:47 am

David,

I am so glad you are here. How about chocolate--Dove chocolate pieces to go with the tea? Smile
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 7:50 am

Never tried them but here goes, thank you.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:03 am

11/22/2011

David..

Lady Godiva Chocolates !

Cheers..Joe... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:23 am

Joe,

Welcome! I love Lady Godiva too.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:34 am

David,

We will get a roaring hot fire going in the fireplace, and with a cup of tea`in one hand and chocolate in the other we will chase away the pain in your knees.

Joe can show us pictures and Shelagh can read us her new book.

Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:59 am

Quote :
EVERYONE is welcome at ALL TIMES.

Of course. Hardly anyone shows up, though, to take advantage of that welcome. After years of that, most folks who care about whatever they're running would probably do something about it, change things up.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:51 am

LC wrote:
Quote :
EVERYONE is welcome at ALL TIMES.

Of course. Hardly anyone shows up, though, to take advantage of that welcome. After years of that, most folks who care about whatever they're running would probably do something about it, change things up.

Could you expand?

Have chocolate and a cup of tea and Welcome here, by the way. lol!
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:54 am

"Synchronicity" as Ann would say -I just got yet another email from the TAA LinkedIn Group. My LinkedIn preferences are "send me notifications" because the TAA management sometimes starts good threads that I'd never see if I didn't get the email (I don't visit LinkedIn). But lately I've been getting lots of emails from academics spamming their self-published books. They announce it to everyone with a new TAA thread and include a link to buy it. Some of them aren't even texts; they're novels.

This is as pathetic as it is annoying. No one but them and their students GAS about their novel or esoteric nature of their text, and they are ruining yet another social media outlet. I will end up setting my preferences at "don't send me email," which will result in me missing the good threads, too.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:55 am

Domenic compares this forum to AW, and yet, this forum has always finished higher in the P&E polls (finished second last year ago and third this year). This forum is part of a network of Published Authors discussion groups (LinkedIn, Facebook, Forumotion and Twitter).

Why should I change the froum to be more like other forums whose members don't like as much as this one?

Last edited by Shelagh on Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:58 am

Quote :
Domenic compares this forum to AW, and yet, this forum has always finished higher in the P&E polls (finished second last year ago and third this year). This forum is part of a network of Published Authors discuusion groups (LinkedIn, Facebook, Forumotion and Twitter).

So this forum is more popular than AW? Is that what you're saying? I'm not following.

Yes, this forum is part of a network, but the people here aren't posting on that network, they're posting here.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:16 am

11/21/2011

Shelagh..

" AMEN !"

Cheers....Joe... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:20 pm

Shelagh wrote:
Domenic compares this forum to AW, and yet, this forum has always finished higher in the P&E polls (finished second last year ago and third this year). This forum is part of a network of Published Authors discuusion groups (LinkedIn, Facebook, Forumotion and Twitter).

Why should I change the froum to be more like other forums whose members don't like as much as this one?

I never said this forum was like AW...where did you pick up on that? I don't like AW. Most of the Big Time Writers(sic) on AW use an Aka, and have never been published(Standard Publisher) but talk like their in the big time. They kicked me off the forum because I was defending Publish America writers...and you know I don't like PA. I just don't like the people on AW more. I saw two members of AW on the kill PA thread I know who have published(their only book) on PA.

I never said I didn't like this forum...I'm just pissed at Ann.( for now anyway.)

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:50 pm

Well, David, are you ready for another piece of chocolate?
Are your knees getting better yet?

Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:12 pm

Well, Domenic, Ann isn't pissed at you so you'd better check the wind direction.

Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Always to leeward...how do I post a picture?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10716
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:50 pm

Just returned from an afternoon of shopping. Went by Barnes & Nobel and enjoyed looking at titles. One that I think may be useful, is "Try re-booting yourself."

As I stood outside a ladies store waiting for my daughter to finish her shopping, A window-washer started chatting with me and got into current politics. He said, "You're not from around here, are you?" I said no, I'm visiting here from Germany. He said, "Do they have democracy over there?" I bit my tongue at the response begging to spring forth. I only said that nothing can compare to the democracy in America. He seemed satisfied with that.

Went to Lowes to buy a cordless drill for my son-in-law. Saw various models, most with foreign named manufactures. Wanting to buy American, I selected a Black & Decker brand. After the purchase I learned that Black & Decker is no longer produced in America.
Is there a source/list for products actually manufactured in America?

When people say, "Buy American Products" how does one know what products are manufactured in America? Assembled is not the same as manufactured.

Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Abe,
Welcome, pull up a chair and have a hunk of chocolate.
It is good for your heart and taste buds too.

Domenic, Glad you are cooling off and staying. Have some chocolate, it will make you happy. I do like your avatar.

Last edited by alice on Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstandings Happen   Misunderstandings Happen Empty

Back to top Go down

Misunderstandings Happen
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: