Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

I once new a lady

Go down 
AuthorMessage
virgil tatro
One Star Member
One Star Member
virgil tatro

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-12-26

I once new a lady Empty
PostSubject: I once new a lady   I once new a lady EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 6:55 pm

I once knew a lady”

I once new a lady that could do anything. She never had nice clothes a fancy house or diamond ring.

She wore blue jeans and boots and always a hat. She even used a chain drive wallet she was comfortable like that.

She could rebuild an engine or a carburetor, also a starter and an alternator. She could operate Equipment anything from Skidders and Dozers to Swathers and Hay Bailers. She could fall a tree Homelite was her favorite saw.

She would patch my pants, make supper out of almost nothing, she didn’t have an easy life though she would very seldom fuss, the nicest house she ever had was an old beat up School Bus.

In nineteen ninety six I was sitting beside her on her bed. She was Dying from cancer had no hair upon her head. Just before she went to heaven, with her eyes barely open she softly said. I love you son. I said I love you too Mom and I kissed her on her head

Last edited by virgil tatro on Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10721
Registration date : 2008-01-26

I once new a lady Empty
PostSubject: Re: I once new a lady   I once new a lady EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Virgo,
I couldn't get past the title. Did you intend the title to be: I once knew a lady?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

I once new a lady Empty
PostSubject: Re: I once new a lady   I once new a lady EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 5:02 am

Strength of character is a great heritage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
virgil tatro
One Star Member
One Star Member
virgil tatro

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-12-26

I once new a lady Empty
PostSubject: Re: I once new a lady   I once new a lady EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:51 pm

dkchristi wrote:
Strength of character is a great heritage.

yes I apologize "I once knew a lady" is correct. I didnt even notice the miss spelling, thank you..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I once new a lady Empty
PostSubject: Re: I once new a lady   I once new a lady Empty

Back to top Go down

I once new a lady
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Authors and Books :: Poetry-
Jump to: