Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation   Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:39 pm

I don't think anyone minds a list of good agents. That one I'd like.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Ann C. Crispin
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation   Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:13 am

Dear Carol:

About all I can do in that regard is point you to www.agentquery.com. They come as close as you can get to a list of "good" agents.

Problem is, the agent/client relationship is so individual that no one list of 20 agents will cover the needs of all writers. You can also access the hardcopy guides for info the agents enter about themselves. And you can google-search Absolute Write to see what other writers (some of whom are clients, usually) have said about the agent.

If you don't want to do all the research yourself, you can hire it out. There's a company run by a man named Bill Martin, Agent Research and Evaluation, that will interview you to get your needs, then provide you with a list of agents and their profiles, including recent sales and the dollar amounts.

-Ann C. Crispin
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation   Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 3:11 pm

But the watchdogs do indeed need to be watched. The one who was sued and lost made some outrageous statements with nothing to back them up. In court you had better have more than an opinion. Years of covering them as a reporter drove that lesson home. Without reliable documentation you are in big trouble.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Ann C. Crispin
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation   Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 7:29 am

Dear Dick:

You are welcome to watch me to your heart's content.

(wink)

-Ann C. Crispin
Head Watchdog and General Dogsbody
Writer Beware
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation   Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 3:06 pm

Thank you, Ann. My evil eye is beamed your way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation   Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 3:37 pm

I'd be embarrassed to admit that somebody had ruined my reputation. I do a fine job of ruining my own, and it I'm not competent to ruin my own reputation, it would sure be putdown to think somebody else could do it for me.
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12618
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation   Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 4:22 pm

At least you have a reputation to ruin. That is something, at least. Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation - Page 3 48152
Dick Stodghill wrote:
Thank you, Ann. My evil eye is beamed your way.
That's taken the heat off me for a while. Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation - Page 3 545232

Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation - Page 3 81KU-cLOw3L._SX110_ Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation - Page 3 41C9GeFDNWL._SX110_ Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation - Page 3 41%2BmGkZJdOL._SX110_ Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation - Page 3 51eDGllZXhL._SX115_ Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation - Page 3 41y7VHKoszL._SX115_ Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation - Page 3 51Zs4N4T4eL._SX115_
Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
I shall never be old. It doesn't suit me -- ©️Shelagh Watkins
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk Online
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation   Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm

At least you have a reputation to ruin.

Yeah, I can remember that far back.
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation   Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Literary Agent Sues Sites for Ruining Her Reputation
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Authors and Books :: Agents-
Jump to: