Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Review of Mexican Slang 101

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Review of Mexican Slang 101 Empty
PostSubject: Review of Mexican Slang 101   Review of Mexican Slang 101 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 4:07 pm

Review:

Cabo Bob's Definitive Mexican Slang 101

If someone buys your book, and reads it, takes it to work with them and passes it around and everyone else reads it with a smile on their face, you have done your job as an author. Add to that the
book can fit in your back pocket and only cost five dollars, US.

I bought this book for my husband, who works with the lovely Mexican people each day. If it were not for the Mexican people working in Florida, many things would not get done. From harvesting
most farm crops to growing and caring for plants in every nursery, and most of golf course labor. My David has been learning to speak Espanole, but some of the vernacular is left out of these lessons.

I will let you know what the Mexican people think of this book, too. Very Happy

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Review of Mexican Slang 101   Review of Mexican Slang 101 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 4:42 pm

Quote :
but some of the vernacular is left out of these lessons.
Not surprising. Be careful not to flash this book in front of anybody wearing a big crucifix or anything.

Thanks for your kind words. It's had an odd career for almost 20 years, and has been a lot of fun.

Still 5 bucks after all that time too, but I think that's going to change this fall.

Don't forget to see the video on the website...and check the blogs for updates when I get around to remembering to post any.
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Review of Mexican Slang 101   Review of Mexican Slang 101 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 3:05 pm

She liked the book, Lin. Nice review.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review of Mexican Slang 101   Review of Mexican Slang 101 Empty

Back to top Go down

Review of Mexican Slang 101
Page 1 of 1