Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Sent a new proposal out

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Sent a new proposal out Empty
PostSubject: Sent a new proposal out   Sent a new proposal out EmptyThu May 26, 2011 10:07 am

For a different nonfic book. And sent it to a different agent. I didn't bother with the first two agents I queried on the other proposal, since I never heard back from them. So we'll see where this goes (or doesn't go). If he doesn't answer, I might approach some pubs directly.

I e-queried, since that's the only kind he takes. Fine with me, saves some postage. I just worry about it ending up in a spam filter.

It occurs to me that I shouldn't post my querying progress, because everytime I do, it never goes anywhere. lol
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Sent a new proposal out   Sent a new proposal out EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:51 pm

Like I said in the other thread -when they're interested, you hear fast, when they're not, you don't hear at all.

This guy got back to me in less than three hours after I emailed him. He's all over it.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12625
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Sent a new proposal out   Sent a new proposal out EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:51 pm

He wants to make money, Follow his lead.

Sent a new proposal out 81KU-cLOw3L._SX110_ Sent a new proposal out 41C9GeFDNWL._SX110_ Sent a new proposal out 41%2BmGkZJdOL._SX110_ Sent a new proposal out 51eDGllZXhL._SX115_ Sent a new proposal out 41y7VHKoszL._SX115_ Sent a new proposal out 51Zs4N4T4eL._SX115_
Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
I shall never be old. It doesn't suit me -- ©️Shelagh Watkins
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Sent a new proposal out   Sent a new proposal out EmptyThu May 26, 2011 2:02 pm

If it comes through (he's going to pitch my idea to the publisher next Monday since he says they're all out of the office right now due to the long weekend), I'll probably sign with him as mindlessly as I did with everyone else. I wouldn't know a good contract from a hole in the ground, but I trust. LOL
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12625
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Sent a new proposal out   Sent a new proposal out EmptyThu May 26, 2011 3:08 pm

Just don't fall in the hole.

Sent a new proposal out 81KU-cLOw3L._SX110_ Sent a new proposal out 41C9GeFDNWL._SX110_ Sent a new proposal out 41%2BmGkZJdOL._SX110_ Sent a new proposal out 51eDGllZXhL._SX115_ Sent a new proposal out 41y7VHKoszL._SX115_ Sent a new proposal out 51Zs4N4T4eL._SX115_
Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
I shall never be old. It doesn't suit me -- ©️Shelagh Watkins
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10721
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Sent a new proposal out   Sent a new proposal out EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:44 am

A literary agent for $199.00 at PA.
I'm getting at least two notifications daily. Why would publisher suggest an Agent to an author to have another publisher produce the same book?
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Sent a new proposal out   Sent a new proposal out EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:09 am

Because they can make $199? Smile Who is the agent they'll send you to?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10721
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Sent a new proposal out   Sent a new proposal out EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:36 am

I have no idea and I'm not paying $199 to find out. Not even the one cent to round it to $200.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Sent a new proposal out   Sent a new proposal out EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:33 am

I wonder if anyone asked them?
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Sent a new proposal out   Sent a new proposal out EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Well, according to the folks at Writers.net, where I've been posting today, many agent/author relationships are just verbal. And today I got a second email from that agent, it was brief and included a forwarded bit from someone else, who referred to me as "your client." So I guess I haz an agent!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sent a new proposal out   Sent a new proposal out Empty

Back to top Go down

Sent a new proposal out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Authors and Books :: Agents-
Jump to: