Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The man who threw stones at God.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

The man who threw stones at God. Empty
PostSubject: The man who threw stones at God.   The man who threw stones at God. EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:05 am

Myth Perceptions, Joseph Campbell's Power of Deceit
Joseph Campbell had a God-given right to believe what he wanted, even if that belief was false. ... The Ritual Process: Structure and Anti- Structure. Chicago: Aldine ...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Cached
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The man who threw stones at God.   The man who threw stones at God. EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:30 am

Is this an expansion of the war?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The man who threw stones at God.   The man who threw stones at God. EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:59 am

It's extreme fundamentalism, Alice, the kind that makes enemies of anyone who sees Christianity or any other religion, from a different perspective:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
[A]Conservative, inerrant approach to scripture as the infallible Word of God;
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: The man who threw stones at God.   The man who threw stones at God. EmptySat May 21, 2011 9:20 am

I don't get it. Who is won over by hatred and belittlement?
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The man who threw stones at God.   The man who threw stones at God. EmptySat May 21, 2011 9:29 am

It isn't about "winning over." It's about annihilation.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: The man who threw stones at God.   The man who threw stones at God. EmptySat May 21, 2011 11:03 am

Scary!
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The man who threw stones at God.   The man who threw stones at God. EmptySat May 21, 2011 11:21 am

Domenic,
I looked at the website you posted. Thanks. I think you've made me a fan of Campbell.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: The man who threw stones at God.   The man who threw stones at God. EmptySat May 21, 2011 1:01 pm

War? Are you three attacking me because I don’t believe what Campbell says? I have seen all three of you attack the Bible, and if anyone does not agree with one of you, the other two jump in and attack?
Is your war with me, or what the Bible says of God? If you believe Campbell is correct, follow what he wrote…I don’t care if you follow Donald Duck. Why do you care who I follow? What’s with you three? You're like the little gang of the forum running from thread to thread attacking what others think. Why don’t you spend more time learning how to write…maybe you wouldn’t be so frustrated with life.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: The man who threw stones at God.   The man who threw stones at God. EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:18 pm

I didn't mean to attack you,
I apologize.
I just wondered why the hostility?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The man who threw stones at God.   The man who threw stones at God. EmptySat May 21, 2011 11:05 pm

Failing to communicate is a hazard. As writers, we need to take care to communicate effectively. When someone makes a post that shares my views, I often express my agreement. That is not ganging up on anyone. Sensitivity on some issues especially those involving religious philosophy and politics tend to create animosity. Some posts are inflamatory and a reaction can be expected. Should we avoid making a comment for fear of negative reaction? If we don't wish to entertain an opposing view, why get involved in making a post?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: The man who threw stones at God.   The man who threw stones at God. EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:29 am

If I took opposing views as personal attacks, I would not have any friends at all. My friends and I often get in discussions about difficult subjects, conversations which may end "you and I have a different viewpoint." End.

Once again, a good read of The Four Agreements is a good standard for forums.

When a poster presents a pointed attack at me and uses labels and anger; I have to work hard at ignoring that type of post and not taking it personally. When my words are taken out of context and thrown back at me, I sometimes have an emotional response and need to step aside for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The man who threw stones at God.   The man who threw stones at God. Empty

Back to top Go down

The man who threw stones at God.
Page 1 of 1