Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Spring inspirations?

Go down 
+3
alice
joefrank
LC
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Spring inspirations? Empty
PostSubject: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:00 am

DK's dancing post inspired me. Ok, it's spring. I need to get out of my rut and find some new routines. What about the rest of you? What, if anything, does spring bring to your homes that makes you do things differently?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:01 am

5/1/2011

Now that the weather is warming up, I can work
in the garden and get back to my photography..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:12 am

I have a backyard vegetable garden. But the trees there, both my neighbors' and mine, are now so big they block the light and not much grows anymore. So for the first time in 20 years I'm not planting it. Instead, I bought two large tomato trees and put them in the flowerpots on either side of my front door. It's a change from geraniums, lol. I'm going to put some flower bulbs in the vegetable garden and see if they do any better.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:15 am

I want to plant geraniiums, petunias and get a new porch mat for our entryway. A fresh coat of paint for our front door would be nice too.

Hubby is painting the deck.

I got a new umbrella for our picnic table. It is a gorgeous green--need new picnic chairs also.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:20 am

Maybe some new stuff is what I need to inspire a new routine. Any excuse for shopping, heh. Actually, we are getting a new roof. We had a bad hailstorm here a month ago and it damaged the roof, a side of the house and broke a window. And a car parked outside. We're waiting for the go-ahead from the insurance company to fix all that.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:04 am

It must have been quite a hail storm.
Glad you survived it.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:48 am

LC wrote:
I have a backyard vegetable garden. But the trees there, both my neighbors' and mine, are now so big they block the light and not much grows anymore. So for the first time in 20 years I'm not planting it. Instead, I bought two large tomato trees and put them in the flowerpots on either side of my front door. It's a change from geraniums, lol. I'm going to put some flower bulbs in the vegetable garden and see if they do any better.

A vegetable garden is important. Cut down the tree that shades the garden. Leave a 5 foot stump and place a flower pot on top or a bird house. Cut a section of the log to use as a bench so you can rest while gardening or just sit and watch the garden grow.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:57 am

Spring is exciting. Fruit trees and flowers blooming with some providing a pleasant aroma. It is also a time that requires outside work. Seems the weeds love spring too. Cutting grass (love the smell of fresh-cut grass) working in the garden is work done willingly. Watching small birds leave the nest and take their first flight is always exciting. Springtime is full of new life. It puts a spring in my steps and makes me want to run. The want part is mental.
I enjoy spring. I also enjoy the fall when there is so much color and then the harvest from my labor. I love winter. Hell I love all four seasons primarily because I love life.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:09 am

Abe -my neighbors might have something to say if I cut their trees down to stumps. lol
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:54 am

Even worse--where we live, cutting a tree down can land you in jail.
Our eighty-some year-old neighbor tired of tree roots and asked the city to get rid of the tree causing the problem. The officials refused and informed him that if he cut the tree down, he would go to jail.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:29 pm

I have never been a gardener. In fact, the joy of a career was hiring someone else to do all the things I did not enjoy. Well, those days are ended; it's do it myself or live with it. Here's my list of to do's:

Paint inside of house (likely the kitchen and touch up is about as far as it goes)
Molding around the carpet in two rooms
Something pretty in the yard...
Goal: reduce household stuff to the point I could rent the house furnished.
So far - reduction in clothes and stuff in general

I did dump some packages of flower seeds in three pots set outside my front screen. Amazing - I see little green plants slipping from the seeds

Of course, these are the "household things." Top on the list are three novels that are WIP......
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:40 am

When you know you have a bunch of things to do, does it interfere with your writing? I've been unable to write because my mind keeps ping-ponging between writing and handling all the things on my to-do list. Some might call that procrastinating, but I don't think it is. I'm not putting stuff off, I'm being distracted from getting on it.

Right now I'm trying to clear my to-do list to clear my mind so I can devote all my mental energy to writing.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 11:37 am

After today, I might have fewer distracting thoughts. Lynn and Chris are here - have been since about 9:00 this morning. I took them out to lunch just now, and to pick up a couple of items. They both took a day off from work to come here and take care of several pesky little tasks that I cannot do myself anymore because of arthritis. It was their idea - a kind of early Mother's Day present. They are about to install a new ceiling fan in my living room. I've been meaning to get it done for a long time, to help cut cooling costs.

I have wisely decided that the best way I can help them is to stay out of their way and not try to engage them in conversations. I am enjoying watching them work. that sounds awful, doesn't it? It isn't what you might think, though. It's like Chris' parents and I have said more than once about the pleasure of watching them in the kitchen when we have family night there instead of here. Watching them work together is like watching a dance. They have been together for 22 years, now - married for almost 20 - jeez that's right! Twenty years near the end of this month. I will have to come up with something special. They are such a delightful team. Anything I could come up with to write about the mythology of the hieros gamos - the "Sacred Marriage" - is expressed in the relationship they share. They both have careers and they both take care of their home. Whenever they work together, they seem almost to read each others minds and instinctively know what the other needs for them to complete their common task with the least amount of effort. They seem to be enjoying the work. I hope so.

Anyway, with all these little things done now, or by the end of today, maybe I will be able to focus on the books better.

That is another thing that has been great with them lately. they have read the first couple of chapters of the book, and are now my biggest fans. Chris told me this morning that after the first couple of paragraphs, he forgot he was reading this thing his mother-in-law was trying to write, and just go involved in the developing story.

So, today is a good day.

I am a happy camper.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:30 pm

5/2/2011

Here late yesterday till this morning " ICE & SNOW ! "
just when I thought Spring was here, my poor plants
are hanging over....Oh we'll I hope they pop up again.
Can't trust Mother Nature...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:55 pm

Here's how Spring inspires me.

http://alstevens.blogspot.com/2011/05/its-mayday.html

(Plus, you get to see me 35 years ago.)
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:05 pm

We're having a sudden cold front here, too. Last week it was hitting a hundred. Today's high was 55. It will be a while before I get to see how effective my new fan is.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:06 pm

LC wrote:
When you know you have a bunch of things to do, does it interfere with your writing?
Just the opposite. When I have writing to do, everything else gets neglected.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:19 pm

Al -I've done the neglect thing REAL WELL, lol. But that was with contract in hand and its attendent pressures. I need to learn how to ramp up pressure within.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:40 pm

Deadlines do move me forward...
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring inspirations?   Spring inspirations? Empty

Back to top Go down

Spring inspirations?
Page 1 of 1