Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Australian Letter of the Year

Go down 
+6
James
joefrank
Shelagh
alj
alice
Abe F. March
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Australian Letter of the Year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Australian Letter of the Year   Australian Letter of the Year - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 2:50 am

Dear James (Dear is a four letter word)
You suggest that I step down. To whose level should I stoop?

If I were to react to the remarks on impulse, the Australian letter would appear mild in comparison. Four letter words include love and hate. Sometimes getting someone’s attention requires shock treatment and words can do that. Writers are so caught up in being politically correct that they often fail to communicate with the reader. Are there bounds to literary license? Who sets the rules? Should a writer refrain from using a word because a few may take offense?

We can choose to read, respond or ignore a post. There are times when a response is necessary to state a position or to clear the air. I wondered if I should respond, and then thought “what the Hell” or should I have said, “What the heaven”? Just doesn’t seem to fit.

I have been shown love by many on this forum. I will hang onto that four letter word. People become enslaved to those they hate, and I choose not to be enslaved. It is not always easy to rise above pettiness, but it is easy to stoop or step down. .
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Australian Letter of the Year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Australian Letter of the Year   Australian Letter of the Year - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 4:21 am

Abe thanks for such a funny post.
I read it just after filling in another hospital form sent to me with my next appointment. All the form required was my name,address, my phone number, my next of kin and my nationality. I get the same form to fill out each time I get a hospital appointment and if you don't fill it out before you go they make you fill it out in the waiting room. Why?
Is it all down to inter departmental politics? One department will not pass information to another due to some internal wrangles?

If so this seems to happen everywhere. Local governments throughout the UK
seem to constantly ask for repeated information.

I have come to the conclusion that if all this info was centralised for access by all departments it would put millions of people out of work. Paper companies would go bust. Pen manufacturers would lose sales. Office assistants vacancies would deminish. This would plunge the country into deeper economic stress and mass poverty. The resulting bad language and filth would turn James toes at right angles.
Back to top Go down

Australian Letter of the Year
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2