Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Book Publishing 4 Mobiles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenny
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Jenny

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Book Publishing 4 Mobiles Empty
PostSubject: Book Publishing 4 Mobiles   Book Publishing 4 Mobiles EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 1:11 pm

I wonder if anyone has heard of or received an email from bookpublishing4mobiles? I recieved an email from them offering to publish my book for free. If I agreed it would be available to download to various makes of mobile phone. The company pays royalties for each download. I'm assuming they found my book on Amazon Kindle and/or Mobi Pocket.
Back to top Go down
http://www.victoriahoward.co.uk
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662

PostSubject: Re: Book Publishing 4 Mobiles   Book Publishing 4 Mobiles EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 1:51 pm

I checked it out, Jenny, and it isn't free. I costs £20 to publish the book. They say that the book is added to their website for free but you have to pay to publish it first!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Jenny
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Jenny

Number of posts : 531

PostSubject: Re: Book Publishing 4 Mobiles   Book Publishing 4 Mobiles EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 1:58 pm

Hi Shelagh,

Looks like you and I found the same information, which is at odds with the email they sent to me.

"Dear Author

I am emailing to you to offer a free publishing tool at bookpublishing4mobiles.com

We have spotted your book and we would like to publish your book on our website.

Books4mobiles.mobi is a new service for mobile users, so they read books on their mobile phone.

Our service is completely free and very simple to sell your book to our readers."

It would seem that the email is less than truthful. One to avoid, then!
Back to top Go down
http://www.victoriahoward.co.uk
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Book Publishing 4 Mobiles   Book Publishing 4 Mobiles EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 6:13 pm

Quote :
to offer a free publishing tool at bookpublishing4mobiles.com

They were honest. Its just a way with words. They just phrased it in a way to make you assume something that isn't true. They are offering a free publishing tool. They are not offering free publishing. I have a habit of overlooking things like that too. People do that with the title of my book. They leave out the word Like and assume it is a cookbook.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book Publishing 4 Mobiles   Book Publishing 4 Mobiles Empty

Back to top Go down

Book Publishing 4 Mobiles
Page 1 of 1