Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

my friend Shorty

Go down 
AuthorMessage
virgil tatro
One Star Member
One Star Member
virgil tatro

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-12-26

my friend Shorty Empty
PostSubject: my friend Shorty   my friend Shorty EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 7:22 pm

I have seen many sad things in my life. One was when an old man talked to me about his wife. He said they were married in nineteen forty, I never knew his real name everyone just called him Shorty.

Shorty told of the years they were married and that back home in Arkansas is where she is buried. She was his rock, the love of his life. It was easy to see he sure missed his wife.

After her death, Shorty just gave up he moved to the desert, and lived in an old Bread truck. He lost touch with his Daughter a few years ago. She moved away to where he don’t know.

Shorty was a very good friend to me. I met him at Slab City when I was ten years old in nineteen eighty three. Shorty was only about five feet tall, but by the size of his heart you would never believe he was that small. His hair was Grey, his face wrinkled with age. Driving an old ford Falcon he pulled into our camp one day.

When he got out of his car, I could see a hint of a tear in his eye, and he said Tater, I came to tell you good bye. "Shorty" where are you going to go? he said I got a letter from my Daughter, I'm going home.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10721
Registration date : 2008-01-26

my friend Shorty Empty
PostSubject: Re: my friend Shorty   my friend Shorty EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:58 pm

A touching story. I guess it's true, "Home is where the heart is."
Back to top Go down

my friend Shorty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Authors and Books :: Poetry-
Jump to: