Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Do all our heroes look alike?

Go down 
+5
Al Stevens
Betty Fasig
joefrank
Shelagh
alj
9 posters
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Do all our heroes look alike? Empty
PostSubject: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:33 pm

See how many you can catch.

Who is the father/son duo?

When it's done, check out the heroines, too.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:05 pm

Kirk and Michael Douglas?
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:21 pm

2/20/2011

Who's Fi Fi La Rue ?

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:50 pm

All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful
The Lord God made them all
By Cecil Francis Alexander, 1848

It is all in the eye. Our window to the world. From there it is a matter of a flare of a nostril, a curl of a lip, a nice smile, a crooked tooth, some small imperfection that distinguishes the beautiful people from the ordinary. I watched as each face faded into the next. The iris of the eye stays the same size for each face and I think that is how that video works.

We are all more alike than we are different. That is the profound thing.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:11 pm

Shelagh, yes.

Joe, a heavy metal contestant on The Next Great American Band. Why?

Betty, I love the "We are all more alike than we are different," concept. It was one of my slogans while I was still teaching.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:14 pm

2/21/2011

Ann..

Fi Fi La Rue is a character in my new murder mystery.

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:18 pm

2/21/2011

A hero to me is a fireman rescuing a family , a policeman
helping someone in danger, someone helping a drowning
child or a dog or a cat, to me this is a hero...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:22 pm

It's done with a software technique called "morphing." You start with two photos of people you recognize. Then on the two pictures you identify many common points: Chin, cheekbones, eyes, etc., but with finer resolution than I've given here. The algorithm begins, and step-by-step it transforms each point an increment closer from what it started out to be to what it will become. Those combined increments become the frames in the video for that one morph. Then you start with the end of that sequence and morph to the next portrait.

You can take your own school portraits and morph each one into the next from 1st grade through college. You can watch yourself age, gain weight, gain and lose acne, change hair syles, etc.

Here's a scary example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJZuulZ7t1g&feature=related

Everyone contemplating cosmetic surgery should watch this video.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:38 pm

Dear Joe,
I knew that! I remembered it!

Joe, I took Grissom home this day. He was highly pissed to be in the cat carrier.
I would have to say that he is cat of personality. He fell in love with my David right off. David gets up at the crack of doom, four o'clock in the morning, and it seems that was the time that Grissom came quietly through the dog door and had breakfast on the porch table.
David began buying him Fancy Feast little cans of food. Grissom smiled a lot with David and began telling him all his adventures.

I guess they were a little avant-garde, because my David would not repeat them to me! I imagine that cats do have an interesting life.

I think that Shelagh is right about the duo.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:47 pm

2/21/2011

Betty..

Thank God Grissom had a good time
and he'll be home safe and happy, I was
worried about him..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:54 pm

Dear Al,
I remember Michael Jackson when he sang ABC. He was a child then. In that last photo with the cleft chin, he was a different person. I wondered what drove him to do all of that surgical restructuring. People have told me it was to look 'white' but that does not seem right to me. Not when it was the black is beautiful era.

What do you think?

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:24 pm

I think the plastic surgeons who performed those surgeries do not deserve to be in the profession. Part of their expertise is to help the patient understand the motivation and psychological rationale behind the changes they wish to make. I think they took their money and ran, just like his personal physician. They were not doctors, they were pandering to the irrational requests of an ill man with lots of money. They were bought.

Michael himself may not have known his motivation;he was a performer who had many handlers, many of whom had great influence on his decision-making. A friend of mine who had quality time with him found him to be a kind and gentle person of intellect, soft-spoken and concerned about other people's comfort around him. She said he would have died from a recluse spider bite based on the medical care recommended by his "handlers." Her husband got him a decent physician.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:30 pm

Ann,

The heroes are alike--there is not an ugly one among them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:15 pm

Dear Diane,
I do not know at what point a famous person decides that they are not in control of anything that happens to them, for them, or about them. It is hard for me to think that happened to Michael Jackson. He got so rich that he did should have had control of his own destiny, stage and music and publicity wise. He could choose people to do that for him. I doubt that anyone told him where to be, what to do, who to talk to and what he should say.

I know people who wallow. They feel sorry that they are alive, want to blame all their problems on to someone else. It is so easy. They are not to blame for anything. It is the fault of ...well, no one's fault, but they dad-gummed sure are not the person who is responsible for their life, what they do, who they know and in the end it becomes everyone elses fault that they are so unhappy.

I would like to slap them around a bit! That is not my way, though. It is hard to tell someone they are sappy. They never believe you, anyway.,

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:18 pm

Betty Fasig wrote:
Dear Al,
I remember Michael Jackson when he sang ABC. He was a child then. In that last photo with the cleft chin, he was a different person. I wondered what drove him to do all of that surgical restructuring. People have told me it was to look 'white' but that does not seem right to me. Not when it was the black is beautiful era.

What do you think?

Love,
Betty
I have read that MJ had a skin condition, the name of which I do not recall, but when you get a small wound, when it heals, the pigment is removed and the spot around the wound is pink. I knew two black men who had it. One wears makeup, the other did not. His face was a startling assortment of pink and brown blotches. MJ needed heavy makeup to cover the condition. I suspect all the surgery was attempts to correct it.

MJ had serious emotional problems. We'll never know what motivated some of the bizarre things he did.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Dear Al,
Thank you for that response.

You know, I always loved Michael Jackson, young or older, dancing or singing, he was a unique talent and a powerful performer.

I am old, you know.

Back in the days when radio was the only thing going on, we had a car radio that sat in the house, hooked to the car battery by long wires so it could play a little while in the evening.

When I think back on that time and the Great Guildersleeve, Johnny Dollar, Fibber McGee and Molly, I Was A Communist For The FBI, Dragnet, The Shadow....

How wonderful those stories were and are.
When I think of these small sparks that lit my life.

Today, it is not just sparks, but fireworks that light the way.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:24 pm

The skin condition is vitiligo. I have it. I have blotchy skin, and I scar easily. From ignoring the sun on my arms and chest bone areas, I have blotches there. I have raccoon eyes. The cure used to be burning the skin off and hoping for the burn to reignite the pigmentation. That never appealed to me. I have to be loved "for myself alone; not my yellow hair." (That's a paraphrase of a famous poem.) Some skin bleaches may make a difference. I just gave up. I can use makeup.

In answer to Betty, fame and wealthy do not a healthy mind make. Chemical imbalances impact people in different ways. I believe that people can be "handled" when their psyche is out of control. My friend felt Michael Jackson was almost childlike in the way he followed the directions of his handlers. Certainly, he had a mind of his own. However, the members of the medical profession that operated on him and prescribed drugs to him needed to have a higher ethic that demanded his psychological health be part of the medical program.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Betty Fasig wrote:
Dear Diane,
I do not know at what point a famous person decides that they are not in control of anything that happens to them, for them, or about them. It is hard for me to think that happened to Michael Jackson. He got so rich that he did should have had control of his own destiny, stage and music and publicity wise. He could choose people to do that for him. I doubt that anyone told him where to be, what to do, who to talk to and what he should say.

I know people who wallow. They feel sorry that they are alive, want to blame all their problems on to someone else. It is so easy. They are not to blame for anything. It is the fault of ...well, no one's fault, but they dad-gummed sure are not the person who is responsible for their life, what they do, who they know and in the end it becomes everyone elses fault that they are so unhappy.

I would like to slap them around a bit! That is not my way, though. It is hard to tell someone they are sappy. They never believe you, anyway.,

Love,

Betty

Michael Jackson (and his brothers and sisters) were raised by Jehovah Witness parents (their mother was and is still involved in this religion) in that religion.

Michael's father was strict to the point of abusive. Michael and his brothers were afraid to stand up to him.

Michael was active in the JW religion for years. The religion is very controlling of a person's personal life. Once one dedicates themselves as a JW it is nearly impossible to leave unless you are willing to be shunned by your friends and family who remain in.

A person is expected to remain 'clean and separate' from 'the world'. "The World" is pretty much everyone and everything none JW. None JW people are called 'worldy' and are considered part of Satan's world.

JW people are expected to be nearly perfect. Sex before marriage and masturbation are serious offenses that can get you public discipline in the this religion. Marrying outside of the faith is frowned upon as well. They don't celebrate Christmas (or pretty much any Holidays) or birthdays. The do not pledge allegiance or salute the flag of any country. They don't accept blood transfusions.

Most JWs will tell your their religion is not a cult ... but all signs point to it being so. The religion is excessively controlling.

Michael grew up with a controlling father and in a controlling religion with. Imagine a person trying to remain faithful to strict cult-like religion that watches your every move ... while trying to be an talented artist living in the American spotlight.

It is no wonder he was the way he was.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Quote :

I don't know -he had a lot of siblings and they all seem to be fine.

I watched an interview with Donald Trump a long time ago where he was asked about MJ (apparently they were friends). Trump said that people who reach that level make their own decisions and don't listen much to others. Trump said he thought MJ probably did look in the mirror at some point and say, "What the F have I done??"

Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:42 pm

2/21/2011

I believe MJ was searching for love, he certainly didn't get it at
home because everyone became a leach...Fame is a horrible thing
to deal with, and I'm not talking about these so called people of
today who have no talent, they only seek to have publicity 24/7.
I guess that's why I admire Greta Garbo, she felt it was time to
quit in her 30's but she was a brilliant business woman, I saw a
a magazine in the Dr.'s office years ago Architectual Digest, it
showed her apt. in NY, she invested heavily in antiques and real
estate on Rodeo Drive in the 30's and 40's when she died she was
worth over 25 million dollars.......

Cheers..joe
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:10 am

LC wrote:
Quote :

I don't know -he had a lot of siblings and they all seem to be fine.

His brothers were a bit older and quit following the religion shortly after the Jackson Five made it big. Michael was closer to his mother and tried to continue faithful in that religion well into the 80s at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do all our heroes look alike?   Do all our heroes look alike? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do all our heroes look alike?
Page 1 of 1