Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2010-10-14

Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  Empty
PostSubject: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 6:32 am

Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark: That Startling Story of How the Ancient British Race is Descended from the Pharaohs

James) What is being explored here is the evidence that Lorraine Evans presents that establishes an Egyptian presence in early UK history. I am not interested in counter argument - because that is not my purpose. I hope everyone respects that - and lets the investigation follow purposeful lines that looks only at her evidence (thank you)

Here is an excerpt from a book review (I have the book on order and will keep everyone informed)
Quote :
Evans’ research uncovered the story of an Egyptians princess travelling to Britain, a story that was traceable through thousands of years of literature. Once you accept the fact the Egyptians could have made such a journey the only question is why would they. Contrary to most held opinions, Egyptian boats were a lot more seaworthy than boats that were to come later, and the only reason they didn't come this way was that there was nothing this far out that they needed. The story revolves around Scota, not a real name but one that associates the person with the Scotti tribe of Ireland who eventually invaded Scotland, named after them.
http://www.helium.com/items/768947-book-reviews-the-kingdom-of-the-ark-by-lorraine-evans
/
Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  51D1VTQCZHL._SL500_AA300_

/
James

/
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 5:43 pm

Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark: That Startling Story of How the Ancient British Race is Descended from the Pharaohs

Medieval legend

A medieval manuscript called the Scotichronicon, or Chronicles of the Scots, written in AD 1435 by a monk named Walter Bower, gives the following legend about the origin of the Scots:

Quote :
"In ancient times Scota, the daughter of pharaoh, left Egypt with her husband Gaythelos by name and a large following. For they had heard of the disasters which were going to come upon Egypt, and so through the instructions of the gods they fled from certain plagues that were to come. They took to the sea, entrusting themselves to the guidance of the gods. After sailing in this way for many days over the sea with troubled minds, they were finally glad to put their boats in at a certain shore because of bad weather."

The manuscript goes on to say that the Egyptians settled in what is now Scotland, were later chased out by the local population and moved to Ireland, where they merged with an Irish tribe and became known as the Scotti. They became High Kings of Ireland, and eventually re-invaded and re-conquered Scotland, which gains its name from their founding princess, Scota.
/

http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3785
James
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 5:29 am

Lorraine Evans Biography
Quote :

Author: Kingdom of the Ark, The Tutankhamun Conspiracy, Warrior Women of Northern Europe, The Anglo-Saxon Sword, Iron Age Battle Experience, Dark Age Archery, 1066: Prelude to Battle and Weapons of Tolkien.

Lorraine Evans is a world renowned academic researcher, writer and
broadcaster. She has worked as an advisor on many internationally acclaimed TV documentaries including Secrets of the Dead (Channel 4), The Tutankhamun Conspiracy (Channel 5), Gladiatix, The Soaring Stones (The History Channel) and Chariots of the Arena (The Learning Channel) Lorraine Evans is also the founding owner of Lanista Ancient Warfare Academy

/

James
/
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 8:39 am

There are numerous suggestions made on Internet sources relating to the origin of the design of the national flag of Scotland. Those aside, and going back further in history, the ancient Egyptian religion was monotheistic and had an equivalent to the opening passage of Genesis.

1:1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

The Egyptians recognized the ecliptic (they called it ON). To them it represented heaven. They also recognized the equator and knew the 23.5 degree (+ / - ) relationship between it and the ecliptic. To them the equator represented earth

Symbolically the ecliptic and the equator were heaven and earth

An interesting question ensues - was the national flag of Scotland inspired by the early Egyptians who might have thought of Scotland’s rolling hills and beaches as a "heavenly" place? Speculation to be sure - but perhaps Lorraine Evans’, Kingdom of the Ark: will give us some additional insight
/
Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  Saltire%20Ath
/
Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  CelestSphere2
/
James
/
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 10:44 am

Lorraine Evans’ Kingdom of the Ark, arrived this morning. Hard cover, first edition published by Simon & Schuster, Africa House, London. It is in pristine condition with the original printed paper cover and the original price tag £17.99

Recall that the sub title reads: The startling story of how the ancient British race is descended from the Pharaohs

I retain my old habit from college of reading every word and taking notes. So it’ll take a while to study this book and see what Lorraine Evans has to say. If interesting things develop I’ll post them here to keep you up to date.

Thank you

James
/
Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  51D1VTQCZHL._SL500_AA300_
/362
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:21 am

My synapses) There having been found (with skeletal remains), two necklaces of "jet, amber, and faince beads" of Egyptian origin dating c1350 B.C., and having been denied access to a small flotilla of sea going ships found buried in the sands on the eastern shores of Britain in a location called Ferriby - (C14 dated c1350 B.C., their design being similar to one unearthed beside the Great Pyramid) : Lorraine Evans writes this in the closing paragraph of Chapter 1

(Paraphrasing) With what was looking increasingly like a cloak of secrecy surrounding the Ferriby remains .. I could never have dreamt where my research would lead - to uncover what must surely rank as one of the greatest academic conspiracies of modern times.

James) More to come as I read Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark: The startling story of how the ancient British race is descended from the Pharaohs

James
/
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:25 am

James,

You claim to know a great deal about the ancient history of the British Isles, but what do you know about Britain today? How many religions are there in the UK? How many religious buildings? How many of these buildings were constructed in the last decade, century, centuries? What is the predominate religion in the British Isles? Has this changed within the last five hundred years? How many churches have been destroyed in the last hundred years? How many private chapels remain in private homes?

If you cannot answer these questions, how can you be so certain about the period between 1350BC and 1550AD?
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:55 am

Shelagh
Quote :
James, You claim to know a great deal about the ancient history of the British Isles, but what do you know about Britain today? How many religions are there in the UK? How many religious buildings? How many of these buildings were constructed in the last decade, century, centuries? What is the predominate religion in the British Isles? Has this changed within the last five hundred years? How many churches have been destroyed in the last hundred years? How many private chapels remain in private homes?

If you cannot answer these questions, how can you be so certain about the period between 1350BC and 1550AD
?

James) If I wished to know about "Britain today" I would study it. But that is not my current interest.

James
/
/
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:11 am

If you know nothing about Britain today, how can you claim that Brits are direct descendants of Egyptians? The Romans left many surviving remains all across the UK, but you don't hear much about Brits being descended from the Romans. Why's that?
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:29 pm

Shelagh
Quote :
If you know nothing about Britain today, how can you claim that Brits are direct descendants of Egyptians? The Romans left many surviving remains all across the UK, but you don't hear much about Brits being descended from the Romans. Why's that?

James) This is not about me, or modern day UK - it is about Lorraine Evans’, Kingdom of the Ark: The startling story of how the ancient British race is descended from the Pharaohs.

Synapses Chapter 1) There having been found two necklaces of "jet, amber, and faince beads" of Egyptian origin dating c1350 B.C., (with skeletal remains), and being denied access to a small flotilla of sea going ships found buried in the sands on the eastern shores of Britain in a location called Ferriby - (their design being similar to one unearthed beside the Great Pyramid) : Lorraine Evans writes this in the closing paragraph of Chapter 1

(Paraphrasing) With what was looking increasingly like a cloak of secrecy surrounding the Ferriby remains .. I could never have dreamt where my research would lead - to uncover what must surely rank as one of the greatest academic conspiracies of modern times.

James) More to come as I read Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark: The startling story of how the ancient British race is descended from the Pharaohs

James
/
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Go to it, James. I'm bored silly with all this nonsense.
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:13 pm

Perhaps now we can get on with the matter at hand

Synapses Chapter 1) There having been found two necklaces of "jet, amber, and faince beads" of Egyptian origin dating c1350 B.C., (with skeletal remains), and being denied access to a small flotilla of sea going ships found buried in the sands on the eastern shores of Britain in a location called Ferriby - (their design being similar to one unearthed beside the Great Pyramid) : Lorraine Evans writes this in the closing paragraph of Chapter 1

James
/
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:23 am

Lorraine Evans’ Kingdom of the Ark - Chapter 2 (in part):

In 1420 Walter Bower, Abbot of Inchcolm Abby, was commissioned by Scottish Laird, David Stewart of Rosyth, to chronicle the origins of the Scotts. Bower wrote a 10 volume manuscript titled, Scotichronicon - "The Chronicles of Scottish History."

Chapter one in Scotichronicon, titled, "The Origins," references a time before the Romans "when the north had been visited by Egyptians led by a pharaoh’s daughter named Scota"

James
/
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:01 pm

"Bower wrote Scotichronicon at the request of David Stewart of Rosyth, a Fife laird - showing that literacy, even in Latin, was no longer the preserve of the church. He took over materials ascribed to an earlier historian, John of Fordun, and continued them down to his own day. Among the famous stories he covers is the myth that the Scots took their name originally from Scota - Pharaoh's daughter."

http://digital.nls.uk/scotlandspages/timeline/1454.html

Explore almost 1,000 years of Scotland's history via the National Library of Scotland's interactive timeline. Trace events as they happened by reading the first-hand accounts of observers, from the death of St Margaret to the opening of the new Scottish Parliament. Digital facsimiles of some of the most important documents in our collections help to illustrate the story of the shaping of the Scottish nation:

http://digital.nls.uk/scotlandspages/
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:11 am

Where is James?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 10:32 am

He thinks the forum needs help because some of the members are rude and under-educated (and that includes me). Apparently, it was childish moving this discussion to the Writers' Cafe. James is not the first member of a forum to throw a tantrum because a post is moved from one board to another -- I remember doing the same thing myself on the AW forum when a post I made was taken from the NEPAT to the overflow thread on another board (the threads are now on the same board, I think). Anyway, I got over it.

James has removed me from his list of friends on Facebook. I'll get over that too.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 10:53 am

Thank you, Shelagh.

He asked a bit much of us.
It is hard to believe a total contrarian.

As far as rude goes, I would say he outdid us.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 11:42 am

I admit to being rude to James. I don't take well to being called stupid. I especially get upset when someone puts my friends down as being stupid and/or foolish when they offer him a different perspective.

I guess this response comes down, on my part, to a childish "He started it."

My bad.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 11:59 am

Ann,

He started it for sure!
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:11 pm

alice wrote:

As far as rude goes, I would say he outdid us.
He certainly did!

Ann, he got no more than he deserved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark    Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark  Empty

Back to top Go down

Lorraine Evans, Kingdom of the Ark
Page 1 of 1