Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Introduction of Sara Robinson to forum

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sara Robinson

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-08-17

Introduction of Sara Robinson to forum Empty
PostSubject: Introduction of Sara Robinson to forum   Introduction of Sara Robinson to forum EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 7:43 am

Greetings! My name is Sara Robinson and I published a memoir about my parents last November. The title is Love Always, Hobby and Jessie(Pathbinder Publishing LLC). The Hobby of the book was a well known photographer in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Over a period of twenty or so years, he self-published nine books that featured pictures of the townsfolk of the little town of Elkton. As far as can be determined, this was a singular event in the country. Today his books are considered collectibles.
He was charming and charismatic, good looking and talented. His wife, Jessie, was attractive, extroverted, and social. Their marriage was very tumultuous, right from the start. Fueled by their passion in the 1930's, their stormy relationship lasted for about fifty-five years. I describe their marriage as one of "starts and fits." Their conflicts and resolutions are described in the memoir, accompanied by some of Hobby's photography. While how they accepted their flaws and ultimately found a way to stay together might not work for everyone, their story can relate to many marriages.
The memoir is available from amazon.com; barnes & noble; pathbinder publishing and independent bookstores. My current projects include a collection of short stories and a novel. Please watch for my book trailer announcement along with future signing events. I am a member of the Virginia Writers' Club and the National League of American Pen Women.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of Sara Robinson to forum   Introduction of Sara Robinson to forum EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 8:23 am

Sara,

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have written a good book.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of Sara Robinson to forum   Introduction of Sara Robinson to forum EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 8:44 am

Welcome Sara,
you are in good company writing memoirs. Carol has done an excellent job of that with two books.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of Sara Robinson to forum   Introduction of Sara Robinson to forum EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:28 am

Memoirs are a hard sell; but you do have name recognition which makes a major difference. Good luck to you and welcome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of Sara Robinson to forum   Introduction of Sara Robinson to forum EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi Sara,

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of Sara Robinson to forum   Introduction of Sara Robinson to forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduction of Sara Robinson to forum
Page 1 of 1