Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

New YA Author

Go down 
AuthorMessage
author@g

New YA Author Empty
PostSubject: New YA Author   New YA Author EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 6:36 pm

Hi
My Name is George Cole. I recently published my first book, "Colt O'Brien Sees the Light".  I self-published for those who want to compare notes on that.  Also I published an E-Book separately. I belong to a writers group of about 8 people.  I have found it invaluable for moral support and positive input. I am now writing my second book. The working title is "Colt Goes to College". As with so many writers, I am now dealing with the marketing end of things. Not exactly my favorite activity, but I see no way to avoid it and have any kind of success.  I am reading John Kremer's book "1001 Ways to Market Your Books".  I am a skeptic on these kinds of books but I find helpful information every time I open it. Things I am doing to get the word out. 
1. Requesting and sending books for reviews.
2. Joining social networking groups.
3. Getting written up on blogs
4. Advertising ( moving slowly on this)
5. Web site.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

New YA Author Empty
PostSubject: Re: New YA Author   New YA Author EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:38 am

My experience with paid advertising is "nil." The big guys buy television time these days. What mid-list author can compete with that?

The people I know with the greatest success are those that get out in public, a lot; and have a talk that leads to sales of their books. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com

New YA Author
Page 1 of 1