Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

roll playing game

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-05-18

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:39 pm

Q. What is roll palying?
A. Roll playing is where you pick a topic (eg: sci-fi or fantasy, it can be anything really but I've found that fantsy works best 'cause anything can happen in fantasy) and you write in first person as your own character. (as you write, you can use the other characters as well, not just your own, so it would be like writing a book in first person but it wouldn't be chapter spacific, but it can be i suppose to make it easier with more then just two people...)
Q. Can you post pictures?
A. Yes, if you want to.

Q. Can you use a prentend name?
A. Yes.
Q. How many people can play?
A. However many people want to. I've only done it with one other person before, but I'm pretty sure that it can involve more then two people. roll playing game Icon_smile

P.S. Anyone can join in at any time, just give me a hollar.

Last edited by vampireheartauthor on Wed May 26, 2010 2:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:17 pm

Can I use a Parker House roll?
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Sure. You can use whatever you want. Although I'm not sure what a Parker House roll is. But go right ahead.
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:51 pm

lin wrote:
Can I use a Parker House roll?

Works for me. I'm cruller blind.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:20 pm

Hm...I don't mean to sound ignorant or anything, but who, or what is cruller blind?
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:29 pm

Okay. I have the jist of who Culler Blind is now. But I'm still not so sure what the Paker House roll is...
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:34 pm

Okay, Kendra, you start and I'll follow.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:43 pm

A roll is from the oven. Or in the hay. In which case there might one in the oven.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyMon May 24, 2010 3:11 pm

I suppose I can get the ball rolling.
Chapter One

Rain beat down on the roof and sides of the carriage that rolled and bumped along the dark dirt road. It was in the dead of night, when my powers were at their strongest.
The two black horses that pulled the carriage were smart animals. All I had to do was tell them where I wanted to go, and they would take me so I didn't need a driver.
I had a long ride ahead of me, so I pulled my black hood over my eyes, and settled down in the comforts of my black carriage with my long pale blade safely sheathed and laid across my lap.
roll playing game The_devils_horse_carriage

Now someone would write something in first person fallowing up on that as their own character.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyMon May 24, 2010 3:37 pm

though whether is was the silence or just the late hour now, the oppressive moment hung around one, no, never enough to mean something in itself but just there all the same, it was supposed to happen tonight, a string of hanging moments till then then, but the wet was not just its sound now, nor its smell, nor its dampness even, it, the wet that is, like the hanging moment too, was all culminating into something tangible, as if the night was speaking to one even
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyMon May 24, 2010 3:38 pm

I fell into a deep sleep. It had been a long day and I knew I could rely on my carriage companion to stay awake beneath her hooded cloak.
Little did I realise the danger that lay ahead. For now, I needed my rest to fortify me throughout the night.
The sound of distant thunder did not wake me, but the lightning flash upset the horses that galloped even faster under the threatening skies.
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:19 pm

I opened my eyes, though I never needed to sleep. Not that ever I could sleep. The palace was about a hour away and the rain was just starting to lighten up, but the clouds were still as black as coal and blue lightening lanced through the clouds in spectacular patterns.

The carriage had suddenly sped up at a surprising speed, and I sat up straight and reached out with my mind to attempt and calm the horses so they would slow, but something else was blocking their minds from mine. Another force that I was unaware of before. It stuck me then, that someone else was able to get through to the horses and they were taking that advantage to speed up the carriage and redirect their course. I tried to reach the horses again but a strong, if not impregnable barrier surround their minds and I knew then, that it was my old rival from all those years ago...
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:48 am

As I rested my tired limbs, the carriage veered off course. The storm had abated somewhat but the gods continued to show their displeasure as lighting bolts lit up the sky and thunder cracked overhead.

The horses were wild now and out of control. Had they chosen a path of their own or under the influence of evil sources? I was accustomed to danger and, revitalised from my sleep, I would be ready to defend my lord's kingdom.

I awoke with a start as the horses reared their forelegs, halted their gallop and a let out a cry that screamed out danger. We were under attack ...
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:43 am

moment passed as minutes now where shock somehow slowed time, as options ran through the mind, flight or fight then, "...they waste their time, you're not the panicking type..." came the voice from within now, but where or what was the initiative here, "...don't do the expected here, think before you act now..." repeated the voice again
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:17 am

I frowned, trying to ignore the voice but each time it spoke it grew louder until I realized that it was comming from inside my head, but I concentrated on getting through to the horses. But no matter what I tried, it was all in vain. The animals refused to budge. I grasped my long swoard that was the color of pale silver and had a black strach along the lenght of the right side of my blade. I made one last attempt to get the horses back on path, but once it again, it failed. The refused to budge.

Finally, without unspoken consent, I slung my sward across my back and carefully stepped out of the carriage, quietly shutting the carriage door behind me.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyTue May 25, 2010 7:29 am

As my brave companion stepped out of the carriage, I felt no fear. The sword would protect anyone who wielded the blade in battle.

The risk to my life was much greater. I had to make a decision: should I wait until the height of battle before I entered the fray or do my duty and fight for king and country? I leapt to my feet and swung the door open. Before my feet landed on terra firma, the gnarled hand of a warrior from Icatus grabbed me around my throat ...
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:54 pm

I whirled around, faster then the human eye could see, and meant to slice off the warrior's hand from Icatus who had his hand wrapped around my companion's throat, but a familiar black blade parried my blow and sent yellow sparks scattering through out the air. I knew that blade all to well. It was that same black blade that put that same black scratch on the right side of my silver sword...
roll playing game SilverSword
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:02 pm

The Icatus warrior tighten his grip around my neck. I could barely breath. I flayed my arms in desperation as I tried to grab my assailant, whose strong fingers held me in a vice-like grip.

Surely the silver blade that never failed would save me from certain death. About to take my last gasp, the glint of pure silver flashed before my eyes as the sword split the skull of my enemy and sent him crashing to the floor.

I spun round in time to see another warrior on horseback charging towards me. I was ready ...

roll playing game 492623
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:23 pm

As my silver blade crashed against the black blade, I could hear the pounding of horses hooves racing towards us in the distance.

Although I was using my body to move the sword, I was also using my mind to battle another force. One more powerful then even my sword that never failed against any enemy. Suddenly curious, I cast my mind out towards the mysterious rider, trying to find out who he was but also at the same time finding out that casting my mind towards the rider was a grave mistake, for I couldn't move...
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:39 pm

I glanced in the direction of my companion, Zarina, First Knight of the Kingdom of Lochmoran. A mercury tipped arrow had pierced the velvet cloak and grazed Zarina's arm, spilling warm blood onto the crimson cloak that now held the First Knight to the ground.

I grabbed the sword that lay beside my injured companion and swung it high above my head. The blade shone in the moonlit sky as a flash of lightning zipped across the black sky and lit up a rider on his horse hurtling towards me.

I closed my eyes. Zarina's mind took control of the sword ...
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:53 pm

Seeing as my powers were at their strongest during the night, I was able to control the sword with my mind even though I couldn't move.

The mysterious rider pulled out a blade, laughing in a insane way. As the rider charged, I controlled the sword as he despreatlly tried to wound my companion, whom I needed to get to the palace safely and without so much as a scratch. Even so, as I controlled the sword, I continued to look deeper into the mind of the rider to try and find out who he really was.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:28 pm

Thunder above obliterated all other sounds. I could not hear the sound of blade against blade and, without any visual feedback, I did not know if Zarina's mind had taken charge of the sword.

When the last rumble of thunder faded, the air was filled with the sound of laughter. Then I heard the clash of metal against metal as the sword jerked my hands and forced me into a duel. Within a matter of seconds, the rider lay dead at my feet.

I opened my eyes and saw the horse rear onto its hind legs before retreating at a gallop into the darkness of night.
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:07 pm

Once the rider was slain and I had picked up my sword from the ground, I knelt down by the mysterious rider and began riffling through his clothing. I had an idea of who he was but I wanted my suspisciouns confirmed. I continued digging through his clothing until I found a compass that didn't point north, but to anything you wanted most, and I also took the red ring with a black symbol etched onto the surface. I stuffed them in my pockets and turned to my compainion.
roll playing game Dragonblack2

"It should be safe now." I said dryly, looking down at the dead rider with distaste. "I'll make sure the horses take you safely to the palace. I'll see if I can find the rider's horse and get rid of the body..." I paused and slung the mysterious rider over my shoulder like I would carry a bag of potatos. "You go on ahead." I turned in the direction where the rider's horse and run off, knowing that it wouldn't go far and hoping that I would find it at a creak.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyWed May 26, 2010 1:16 am

"I'll meet you at the palace," I replied.

I knew that Zarina's telepathy would guide the coach horses to the palace. I stepped inside the carriage and felt thankful to be still alive. I wondered if I would have survived without the sword. It had been a gift from Lord Lochmoran to protect his most noble follower, Zarina of Mensatania.

As the horses sped on their way beneath the thunderous skies, I rested my head and wondered who else I might meet at the palace that night. Would they be friends or foes?

Last edited by Shelagh on Wed May 26, 2010 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:13 am

I let my mind take me to the rider's horse. And, sure enough, it was by a creak. I told it to stay put for now as I slumped the body of the rider against a tree and tied him firmly around the trunk. I knelt down in front of him, his compass and his ring still in my pocket, and healed his wound completly. It took him a few minuets but soon my old rival was looking at me with an angry glint in his reddish brown eyes...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

roll playing game Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game Empty

Back to top Go down

roll playing game
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next