Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Hi from a newbie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian Weaver
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Ian Weaver

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Hi from a newbie Empty
PostSubject: Hi from a newbie   Hi from a newbie EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:35 am

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and a newly published author of an action adventure novel called 'Time and Again'. I started writing my first novel in 1993 as a means to learn about computers and word processors. It was only meant as a short story and involved Harry, an Observer in the Royal Navy who had a flying accident and was severely injured - here his adventures begin. In 1996 I had a similar accident in a Tornado aircraft with the RAF, and had similar injuries. During my 2 years of rehab I decided to finish the book and it was published last year after a chance meeting with my publisher. The sequel is finished and at the editing stage and the final book of the trilogy is underway. My publisher runs a small, local firm and we are marketing the book between us. I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to raise the profile of the book.

Thanks, and I look forward to reading some of the previous comments and visiting your websites.

Ian Weaver

Last edited by Ian Weaver on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ian-weaver.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Hi from a newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from a newbie   Hi from a newbie EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:26 am

Welcome!!

Your book sounds interesting. Years ago my husband flew jet fighters in the Marines.

Stay around. There are some good people here.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Ian Weaver
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Ian Weaver

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Hi from a newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from a newbie   Hi from a newbie EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:34 am

Thanks Carol - had a quick look at your site - will give it more time later.

Ian
Back to top Go down
http://www.ian-weaver.com
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-05-18

Hi from a newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from a newbie   Hi from a newbie EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:48 pm

Welcome to the forum. I'm also a newly published author of the book Vampire Heart. As for a suggestion on "how to get known to the greater public", I would contanct your local newspaper companies, and maybe some local radio stations and maybe even some local TV stations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from a newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from a newbie   Hi from a newbie Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from a newbie
Page 1 of 1