Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Reviews for TARNISHED HALO

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Reviews for TARNISHED HALO Empty
PostSubject: Reviews for TARNISHED HALO   Reviews for TARNISHED HALO EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:32 pm

clown

Last edited by D. J. (Don) Stephens on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for TARNISHED HALO   Reviews for TARNISHED HALO EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 11:27 pm

The reviews have wet my appetite.
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for TARNISHED HALO   Reviews for TARNISHED HALO EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:34 am

pale

Last edited by D. J. (Don) Stephens on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for TARNISHED HALO   Reviews for TARNISHED HALO EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:22 am

Always nice to see reviews from people who enjoy a book and tempt others to go out and pick up a copy.

Abe: I don't know what a wet appetite is: maybe it's a hunger for German beer. I hope you meant "whet." :-)

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for TARNISHED HALO   Reviews for TARNISHED HALO EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 11:32 am

Malcolm,

When someone tells me they like it, it's my motivation to do another one!
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for TARNISHED HALO   Reviews for TARNISHED HALO EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:36 pm

Malcolm,
does drooling count?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for TARNISHED HALO   Reviews for TARNISHED HALO EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 10:06 am

If you enjoyed “Halo” by Don Stephens you will love the sequel, “Tarnished Halo”.
A special team, selected by the heroic character, Jeffery Barkil, trains for a CIA sponsored covert operation into China. The alleged mission: to eliminate two drug lords operating in Mainland China. If caught, any association with the CIA or the US military will be denied. They carry no ID. Their survival is dependent on their own skills. Having reached the target area with stealth and cunning, they receive a signal to abort. Team discussion and evaluation lead them to suspect that the mission was a ploy by some general to start a war with China. Trying to get back to safe territory is when the real trouble begins. Pursuit confirms their belief that they have been setup for elimination. Their honed fighting skills come into play with cunning and tactics that go beyond training. Human endurance and instincts one would compare to trapped animals keep them going with the added stimulus of revenge. Sympathy for innocent victims is not a consideration. How much pain a human body can endure is unimaginable.
The author applies his knowledge of the region and years of military training to weave a story that leaves the reader in constant suspense. Will they survive? Can they avoid mercenaries and North Vietnamese troops hunting them? Are there any friendless to reach for safety? And finally, will there be a chance for revenge?
Don Stephens has proven himself as a great author and someone to follow. His knowledge of covert operations and Special OP forces are evident in his writing. Descriptive detail provides the reader with a vivid picture of the area and action. I give this book a five-star rating.
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for TARNISHED HALO   Reviews for TARNISHED HALO EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 12:33 pm

Thanks Abe, Glad you liked it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for TARNISHED HALO   Reviews for TARNISHED HALO Empty

Back to top Go down

Reviews for TARNISHED HALO
Page 1 of 1