Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Interesting Self-Publishing/Indie Reader Post

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Interesting Self-Publishing/Indie Reader Post Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Self-Publishing/Indie Reader Post   Interesting Self-Publishing/Indie Reader Post EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:26 am

This is sort of interesting:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Self-Publishing/Indie Reader Post   Interesting Self-Publishing/Indie Reader Post EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:39 am

very interesting Malcolm. If I were self-published I'd give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Self-Publishing/Indie Reader Post   Interesting Self-Publishing/Indie Reader Post EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 10:03 am

My one rule is never to pay to sell my books. At a cost of $99 with a royalty of even $5 (more than five times as much as a PA published book), the self-published author would have to sell 20 books on that site before making any profit. I don't think they would guarantee that.

I would remind all lurkers who buy their own books for resale (which gives the biggest profit), be sure to have an outlet for those books. If you only sell half the books you buy, you will be out of pocket.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Self-Publishing/Indie Reader Post   Interesting Self-Publishing/Indie Reader Post EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:23 pm

12/16/2009

You can self publish yourself without spending
a dime ! I never buy my books unless I buy them
as a gift , twice I had book signings and the stores
ordered the books...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Just me

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Self-Publishing/Indie Reader Post   Interesting Self-Publishing/Indie Reader Post EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 5:07 pm

NJ...is that near New York?

Maybe they forgot to post who their staff is? I wonder if Desert Rose is one of their agents...Gee; and publishers are just waiting to read those book. I like their contract...the part about "We will tell you what it is as we go along." (after we get your money.)

Domenic
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Self-Publishing/Indie Reader Post   Interesting Self-Publishing/Indie Reader Post EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 6:04 pm

Every option isn't for everyone. I have bought my books to sell at book festivals and on consignment in independent book stores. I have always sold sufficient numbers to have a tidy profit in spite of the book festival "fee." By "tidy" I don't mean much beyond groceries, but then I like to eat.

The down side is the festival I did not attend; for that I still have 25 books left of 50.......anyone interested in a fire sale? Arirang: The Bamboo Connection at $10.00 plus shipping..... When Ghost Orchid brings me fame and a Lifetime Movie, you'll be able to say, "I read her debut novel."......:-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Self-Publishing/Indie Reader Post   Interesting Self-Publishing/Indie Reader Post EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 10:48 pm

I read her debut novel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Self-Publishing/Indie Reader Post   Interesting Self-Publishing/Indie Reader Post Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting Self-Publishing/Indie Reader Post
Page 1 of 1